boinky

Can You Explain Stupid Drivers To Me?

Atlanta traffic is reported to be some of the worst in America. It's a 30 mile trip to work. One half of the trip is a four-lane "highway (2 lanes run north, 2 lanes run south). The speed limit is 55 for approximately 12 miles and then down to 45 for the last 8 miles. The last portion is 10 miles of interstate.

There are morons in the left lane, doing at least 10 miles BELOW the posted maximum speed limit. ARRGGHH!!! Of course, those in the right lane are matching their speed, so I can't get around and move along.

I get to the interstate, thinking "Yes! Freedom at last!" I look over and the traffic is bumper to bumper. I merge my way into it.

The Georgia State Patrol has set up a couple of cars at the Forest Parkway exit, sitting in the median on the right. They aren't doing anything...no wreck, no tickets. Drivers are slowing down and staring, thus causing the traffic back up. There was even a wreck caused by all of this.

My question is this:

Why are people such morons when it comes to driving? When I learned to drive, if someone didn't want to drive fast, they stayed out of the left lane. If someone came up on you, you moved over and let them pass. But why in the hell do slow people have to get in the left passing lane, police officers set up patrol cars in the middle of morning rush hour and drivers have to stop and stare at nothing?

Granted, I am admittedly an aggressively, fast driver, but if I want to drive fast, who are they to try and stop me from getting a speeding ticket?:P
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

It only gets worse if they see snow.

[B]GOOD POINT![/B] [:/] Snow, ice and rain. It [B]REALLY[/B] gets stupid then. Then they are crazily driving to the grocery store to buy milk, bread, eggs and hamburger for the upcoming "blizzard!" :P
Nina

Oh I agree with you 100%.

But you know that Ahole who is going 10 mph less then the speed limit in the left lane. When and if you get a chance to pass him/her on the right lane make sure you cut them of so fast that they hit the fucking wall. I am a very calm person but GODDAMN people like that piss me off.>:(

I’ll add to the list of Aholes. SUV drivers who think because they have 4WD the laws of physics don’t effect them. I wish I could yell HEY MORON it doesn’t matter if you have 4wd when it comes to stopping on ice sh!t for brains.>:(

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I feel so much better now.:)
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I too am a very aggressively fast and reckless driver. As I'm in a truck, I have no worries about plowing people over, so they'll get out of my war. Regardless, there was one time a "bad driver" actually saved my ass. I was in the left lane, flying along at about 100 mph. This other car cuts in front of me and slams on her brakes. Fuck was a pissed. After about thirty seconds of using sailor vocabulary, I realized why. There was a trooper sitting on the side of the road. I have a radar detector, but it didn't go off, because they would only hit the cars they thought were speeding instead of letting the radar just tag everybody. As I came within twenty feet of them, my detector went off. Luckily, I was forced to slow down enough where I wouldn't get pulled over.

edit: left lane, not right.
This ad space for sale.

I'm with you baby! I can't stand morons like that. Admittedly, I am a speed freak, but luckily, my daily commute goes pretty well. I cover the 43 mile drive in 35 minutes give or take most of the time. Let me worry about the damn troopers and just get the hell out of my way!! [Sly]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The only worthwhile law passed in Illinois in recent years is the one they passed last year. It is now a ticketable offense to drive in the left lane and hold up traffic. I have actually seen some one get pulled over for doing exactly that. Made my day, now if they could just figure out how to spike the tires of people like that and leave courteous drivers like me alone the world would be wonderful:)
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

Easiest way to keep bad drivers off the road? Dont give drivers licenses to women!!!

[B]HMMMPPHHH!!![/B] >:(

But don't you know? They don't give driver's licenses to women...we earn them! If we are such poor drivers, why is it that the insurance rates are higher for young males than they are for young females up until they hit 25? :P
Nina

I don't know about other places, but here in Houston, slow left-lane driving can be summed up thus:

LAZY MOFOS

Yes, lazy, in addition to stupid. They pull all the way over and then turn their brains off, and their cell phones on.

If they're in the left, you see, they don't have to worry about moving - no entering traffic, no exiting traffic, no one in front because they're going so gd slow. They don't even look up to see your angry cussing face in their rearview.

They can just relax, and mozy on their merry ignorant infuriating little ways...

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN ABOVE !!!

Someone please buy this woman some cheese to go with her WHINE

Do we need to call a whambulance for you?

Whaaaaaa aaaa aaa aaa aaaa
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

HOLY CRAP!
the same shit happenes in Harrisburg PA.
We had a traffic jam that started in the City and led all the way out Interstate 81, 2 townships away, where 1 State Trooper sat..........then NO traffic.>:(

They don't give driver's licenses to women...we earn them! If we are such poor drivers, why is it that the insurance rates are higher for young males than they are for young females up until they hit 25? :P

Why are insurance rates higher for men? Thats a simple one to answer. Because we make more money then womenB|

Regardless, there was one time a "bad driver" actually saved my ass. I was in the left lane, flying along at about 100 mph.

You know, I did have something like this happen last October. In Georgia, you have to make an appointment to take a Driver's license test. There were no local tests available, so we made an appointment in Macon (approximately 45 miles away), so that my daughter could get her license.

I'm driving a dealership car. A Black 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT Widetrack. The speedometer went to 140 mph. I wanted to see if the car would actually go that fast.

I'm flying like a bat of hell down the left lane, doing approximately 105. A car cuts over into the lane and I have to slow down to about 90. We come over a hill, and [B]WHAMMO!, there is a Jackson County police officer sitting in the [U]LEFT[/U] side of the interstate. He comes after me and gives me a ticket for 89 in a 70.

I take the ticket and head on my merry way, laughing and singing like nothing has happened. My daughter makes a comment about how cheerful I am to have just gotten a speeding ticket. I told her that I was just thrilled that he didn't clock me doing the 105! :) >:(

Oh, BTW...I did later find out on a ride to Lake Wales, FL, that the car would only hit 110 mph. There's some sort of governer on it. Man, was I pissed!!! >:( Why give me a speedometer that says I can go 140 and not let me go that fast? [B][U]FUCKERS![/U][/B]
Nina

now if they could just figure out how to spike the tires of people like that

If I had my way, I'd just shoot the tires out. [Sly] I'm content enough to use the right lane, or shoulder if I feel like it, to go around the fucker and give them the finger...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

YES YES. Thank you Funks.

I am getting laid I am getting laid (Darius does the I am going to get some dance)

What do you mean you don't know what dance I am specking of.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

BITE ME, TURTLEBOY!!!![/U][/B] :P

I'll remember this the next time you want me to kiss one of your mental boo-boos!!!! ;)

BTW---[B]WELCOME BACK!!![/B] I've SO missed you!
Nina

I think people drive slow in the left lane because they don't know any better, don't give a shit, or don't think it's that big of a deal. I think these are the same people who get on the highway and think that you just pick whatever lane you want for no particular reason. I admit that it annoys me when someone drives in the left lane when they're not passing anybody and you can easily get around in the right lane. It's drive right, pass left people. WTF is so hard about that? >:(

A little more specific reason is that I think people like having lots of empty lane in front of them. I came to this conclusion while in the car pool lane with moderately heavy traffic and some prick up front keeps pace with the cars in the lane to the right. The lane was empty in front of them. >:(

--Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

BITE ME, TURTLEBOY!!!![/U][/B] :P

I'll remember this the next time you want me to kiss one of your mental boo-boos!!!! ;)

BTW---[B]WELCOME BACK!!![/B] I've SO missed you!

You can start by kissing my mental A. . . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Because they are un-caring, self-centered clods who just want to make life miserable for you. I just love the ones who get on the interstate, race over to the left lane and while they are on their cell phone, gradually slow down! GRrrr! >:( The ones that really get to me are the folks wanting to get on to the free-way from the on ramp and expect the flow of traffic to yield to THEM! Hmmm, what causes grid-lock?

Chuck

The only worthwhile law passed in Illinois in recent years is the one they passed last year. It is now a ticketable offense to drive in the left lane and hold up traffic.

WOW!!! What an awesome idea!!! I didn't know they could do this. If it weren't for the cold, snow and stupid drivers, I'd move to Illinois. As it is, I'll just stay in Georgia with the cold and their stupid drivers. :P
Nina

Aw, shit . . . Darius is off the hook now. You just took his spot as the official "dz.commer who will never get laid again". :D

No No No[:/]...If I promise to buy you a new cookbook or some laundry detergent will that make up for my previous sexist comments?;):)