skymama

A Good Vibes Thread

Great thread btw.

I'm honoured to be mentioned too, thanks Bill & Cheryl ? :P

Write about someone who is beyond your normal circle of friends.

Hmm.. that's a tough one.. everyone is so different & all have their own unique characters on and off these boards.

I suppose you always want to meet people with whom you share the most in common with,
be it background/principles/humour etc. with the latter being the one I tend to go for.

So.. I would have to pick happythoughts,
a guy who is sharp & fast with the humour, thinks on the same level (gutter) and I can't remember a post
that was ever downbeat or didn't contain something of interest to at least someone.

As for Dot commers that I've met, Sharon Miller (MochaSkyChick) is one of the funniest,
Sunshine lives in her own world and occasionally phases in & out of ours (thanks Sunny ;)), Sky (PDS) is a great guy too,
If you took the word 'dude' away from Taz you would halve her vocabulary (the other half being variations of 'fuck') B|
All of my trailer guy's & gal's rocked and not to mention the lovely Betsy Barnhouse.

But to be honest... I've never met one yet that has disappointed me.
...and long may it continue. :)

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

Outside of our normal circle? Well, I don't really have a circle - but to conform, I'd have to choose Skymama.

I've never heard her say anything negative, she's always got good advice for everyone that introduces themselves in the Introduction forum and I hear she jumps on occassion :P:P (at least when a hurricane isn't passing by).

Here's hoping I get to meet Skymama at the dz.com boogie.

All you guys rock.

Jump
------------------
Scars remind us that the past is real

Aw, thanks. :$ I thought I did meet you at the holiday boogie? Maybe I have you mixed up with someone else.

This thread has been so much fun. I hope more people post good vibes about others. Come on, it's been great to read and you might make someone's day! :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I haven't met many .commers, don't PM many either. That said...

Michele rocks. Would love to meet you gal! You inspire me.

Billvon is someone I always read. Intelligent, frank, I get the feeling he tells it like it is, doesn't play games, and doesn't take crap. Very appreciated.

Meunkel. Chris is a guy with a good soul.

Scott (sdctlc) I've actually met him at the May Meet. What a great guy! Helpful, friendly, a talented skydiver. And with all his experience, he was willing to jump with a 200 jump wonder (me;)) and we turned so many points it blew my mind.

Betsy! What with the gazillion people she must meet around Eloy, she somehow remembered me from a small handful of brief conversations. A gal to admire for many many reasons.

So much for one.[:/] How could I pick just one of those people? Huh? How?

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Wow - thanks Amanda! I had just as much fun as, if not more than, you!!!:)

As far as this thread is concerned, following the original request, the person who jumps to mind is Elfanie. Most of her posts I've read in the Woment's Forum, and they are always uplifting and supportive and full of positive energy for others. I've also checked out her professional website and absolutely love her work. I've actually referred several of my friends to her website for information and would contact her immediately if I were pregnant.

Thank you, Elfanie, for such wonderful information!

ps: Thank you BKDice for pointing this thread out to me!!! :)

ACME pulled a random comment about my birthday out of a thread and started another thread about it, which I appreciated...

...especially since I was at work until 1:30am that night B|

:$...and Champu puts up with me calling him 'shampoo' all the time...:ph34r: an' we USED ta have some pretty funny conversations in the Pub, 'til my computer decided that it would never again allow me to chat in there...[:/]
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

OK, I really want to bump this thread, so I will chose a new person to write about. I hardly know this person, once again.

This person flattered me so very much by simply coming over and very warmly and enthusiastically introducing herself to me in Rantoul one night. What a sweetheart that she is! She's completely beautiful, both on the inside and out. To me, she seems to simply exudes joy and warm, positive energy.

This person is so lively and full of happiness both online and in person. She seems to never have any bad or negative things to say about others. Furthermore, her posts always make me happy, even though I don't know her or any of her "La La Gang" friends. I also have no idea why they are "throwing their panties on the stage", but it always cracks me up when she mentions it online in posts.

Seriously though, I truly admire her personality and wish that she could rub off on others, including me. Her screen name is Chrissay. She is Chrissy from Skydive Tecumseh. :)

So.. I would have to pick happythoughts

You stole my person :P
There's a lot more thoughtful meat behind those posts than he likes to let on methinks. Along with that lovely gutter humor...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Aw, thanks. :$ I thought I did meet you at the holiday boogie? Maybe I have you mixed up with someone else.

This thread has been so much fun. I hope more people post good vibes about others. Come on, it's been great to read and you might make someone's day! :)

I think we did, but that was two words and a nod!!! That's not meeting! A jump and a hug and we can consider ourselves properly introduced.

Same goes for everyone else. I've been properly introduced to Amazon on several occasions :D:D:D

----------------
Scars remind us that the past is real

wow, I didnt see this thread til now. Im surprised it didnt blow up!

now I met a SHITLOAD of you .commers. so to narrow it down to "NOT " my normal circle of friends is hard. I may tlak to someone for a few months then we don't talk as much until one day we start a whole new 7 month conversation ( thats why they call it a circle:D)

so if I go with "someone I haven't met yet"
I'd go with dzdiva b/c she's really a bitch and i have to prove it:P DAMN I almost posted that as is. but I forgot this is a REAL feeling post

Laurie is VERY AWESOME. I was introduced to her in the chatroom. and we've been b.s.ing ever since. she' is a kind soul who puts up with my shit. she has big ears. I mean she listens very intently and remembers who YOU are by the stories you share. not just by the bullshit you see on this website. oh yea one downfall is that she keep slistening to my advice...:S:S

vanillasky11- cuz she's a nice person who is trying desperately to get high. so used to post here until people busted her chops abou not having jumped. I was lucky enough to get to know her (never met) and we still talk.

Muenkel- even though I havent called him back yet. he's always positive. even when he has alot on his plate. I dont think I've ever seen /read him get upset with anyone.

(i've met michele a few times so I cant add her)
My photos

My Videos

Someone I haven't met? That's getting hard... :)
I'd have to say Ron...

I don't go in Speakers Corner, and prior to 2 months or so before Rantoul I was mostly only reading the incidents.

Ron is very straight forward and may come off as cold but what he says is true. Countless times I have seen people jump on him when he was just telling the truth. I see him trying to help DGIT's and they just won't listen, but he doesn't quit trying. He seems to have either experienced most everything or knows someone who has.

I'll have to jump with him the next time I'm at Z-hills. Hey Ron I've got 33 jumps, a 92 Dolphin D-5 leg mount container with a Velocity 88 and Sharpchuter 220 reserve... Let's do a head down big way. I'll put on my new camera. :D:D:P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Aww, thanks Liz! Love you!:)
I missed this thread too!

Gosh, I don't even know where to start! So many people have been there for me over the past year or so and it means the world to me!

So, to anyone who has ever let me lean on them, offered me a hug, been there for me, taken the time to care...................Thank you! :)

so if I go with "someone I haven't met yet"
I'd go with dzdiva b/c she's really a bitch and i have to prove it DAMN I almost posted that as is. but I forgot this is a REAL feeling post

Laurie is VERY AWESOME. I was introduced to her in the chatroom. and we've been b.s.ing ever since. she' is a kind soul who puts up with my shit. she has big ears. I mean she listens very intently and remembers who YOU are by the stories you share. not just by the bullshit you see on this website. oh yea one downfall is that she keep slistening to my advice...:S:S

OMG!:$:$ JT.....I never saw this.:S You've always been one of my greatest supporters. Each time I get nervous before jumping, I hear your voice telling me to "shut up and get in the plane".:D We've been through so much shit together and we've never met.:D I'm happy things are going so well for you. You're a great guy and you deserve all the happiness in the world.:)
Also, Viking.....you've been there for me too. Looking forward to collecting those hugs one day. Love ya!:)Freefallfreak....Me love you long time!:)Kris......You! Bed! Now!:D:D
CrazyIvan.......My beloved geek.:)
Chris, thanks for bumping this thread.:)
"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."