skymama

A Good Vibes Thread

We spend so much of our time having fun, being smart-asses, and teasing each other on the forums. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great and I do it too. But, now is your chance to spread some love and good cheer to the friends and acquaintances you have made on these forums...

Write something good about someone for a change. No smart-ass comments allowed. And I'm a Greenie, so I can delete them! :P I want you to write about someone you "know of" on the forums but don't necessarily correspond with via pm's or is someone in your circle of friends at your dz or on your drunk dial list. Write about someone who is beyond your normal circle of friends.

So, I'll start...I scrolled through the forums real quick and found Vallerina, so I'm going to write about her...

I met Vallerina once when she came to Deland. The first thing you notice about her is her beautiful smile and pretty eyes. She has a very engaging personality and is really funny too. She is definitely someone most people would have fun hanging out with. I mean, the girl bellydances! :ph34r: I don't always agree with the stand she takes on feminist issues, but I stll appreciate and admire her strength in her convictions. When I grow up, I want to be as strong as Val! :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I know that I'm a smart-ass/weird/pain-in-the-ass, and if I had something to say about somebody, that'd be a long list, there are many DZcommers here which I like, so much, that I even arrest them for reposting.

Indeed this is a good place to be, and I'm happy that ALL of you welcomed me here. :)

Good idea, Mama!B|

I choose to write about my second family, my DZ family. It's been a long and somewhat challenging road since I've started jumping, but everyone at C-burg has been patient and supportive. I ordered a Bev suit a month or so ago....money being tight, I chose not to put a rush on it, it was to be there in November. The other week I show up and look at this new suit hanging up...I was thinking "wow, that's the same colors I ordered". I look a little closer and asked Kathie "Is that mine?" She smiled and said yes....she told me somebody thought I needed it before November so they paid for a double rush. When I looked closer I noticed it had afterburners on the legs, which I chose not to order (money again). Somebody thought I needed those too so they paid for it.:o:o I was truly touched.:)
"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

Indeed this is a good place to be, and I'm happy that ALL of you welcomed me here.

That's wonderful, but I want you to write about 1 person. Just pick somebody and say something nice! :)
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

First, thank you so much Skymama for this beautiful thread. I love it. :)
Ok, like Ivan, i truly like so many people on here, some of whom I barely know. If I have to pick one person, one person on here whom I met at WFFC really stood out to me, even if maybe I may not have to him as I barely know him. :$

Kris is such a sweetheart in person. He was always friendly to everyone at WFFC. He has a big smile and laugh at all times, and he always made me feel welcome, even though he probably doesn't even know it. It made a big impact on me, especially since I didn't always feel too much a part of everything at WFFC, since I was grounded and using my cane and all. He was always there to offer a smile or chocolate or a friendly word. It was nothing too dramatic, but it made a huge difference to me.

The best part of all is that he wasn't being false or trying too hard to impress me or anyone else. It seemed that this was just Kris' nature...to be a truly friendly person to everyone. I was so pleasantly surprised by him, especially since he was one of those people who for some reason I had never really PMed or posted to much. Frankly, I had not even read too many of his posts prior to meeting him, but what a nice guy! :)
Edited for typos! :$

That's wonderful, but I want you to write about 1 person. Just pick somebody and say something nice!

Well, I like to be always fair, so I think I'll say something nice about 3.

1- Muenkel: He's a cool dude, we've never met in person, just thru this board and some PM's and a few phone calls, you can talk about many things with this dude and enjoy every second of it, he has a kind soul.

2- DZDiva: Another gem, sometimes she sends me PM's just because, and that's nice, and of course her sense of humor, which I really like.

3- Rdy2Skydive: For being a good friend, her email-jokes are hilarious, she's very cool, we've met and even jumped together, well, we hang out at our home dz, and from time to time I get my ass kicked by her when I'm in "funky" mode :P

That's good, Ivan, but I want you to write something good about someone who isn't in your circle of friends. Someone you've never talked to, but for some reason you like their posts. Come on, I know you can do it! :ph34r:

Don't correspond via pm or hang out with? Okay, I'll select a greenie on this - billvon.

Articulate. Well-meaning. Brilliant. Pragmatic. And someone who seems genuinely concerned with the state of the sport and humankind in general.

He's simply someone I respect the hell out of.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Hmmm that's a tuffy.
Someone i don't pm but is someone i know of:
I want to list so many.
I think GirlFallDown is the one. I met her for just a few seconds at WFFC.
I have always loved her posts. So fun,witty and just a little on the wild side.Hillarious. (even though we are not to take her posts seriously)Ha
Girlfalldown, you make me smile and are a refreshing addition to the bonfire.
Next time i meet you, i want to skydive with you and party all night. Jeff

hmm somthing nice about someone
ok there are a few ppl who make me feel welcome on here.
LSD (Cora) She's great, She made me feel very welcome when I fist came online here, and she still does;)
Mouth (Lisa) Lisa and Katiebear were really friendly when I started here. I'm gunna jump with Mouth in January, even if I have to drive to Bama:)DzDiva, cause she Pm's me for not reason other tthan to say Hi:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'm gunna jump with Mouth in January, even if I have to drive to Bama

Better drive to Georgia or you won't get your wish! ;)

I've met several DZ.commer, over the years, and I can say they're ALL good people. B| I have a lot more DZ.commers to meet, and i have a LOOOOOT of DZs to visit. Hopefully, i'll meet more DZ.commers when i'll go to Eloy.

I think the spirit is pretty much the same, at every DZ. We are just a bunch of people who enjoy life, enjoy making new friends, and, most of all, enjoy the greatest sport in the world. In my life (I'm 42) i've done many sports, but none ever came close to skydiving in terms of making REAL good friends. Skydivers just seem to care MORE about each other, period. :)
Theres one DZ.com poster that I never met (Tonto). Tonto impress me by the quality of his postings on DZ.com (I'd say I agree with him 99.9%)

I also like Kallend, the guy that likes to question everything ! :ph34r::ph34r: (I, too, like to be the devils advocate :P. So if you enter a discussion with me, you better be prepared. Even if I agree with you, I may disagree with you, just for the sake of it :D:D)

Even though i'm not really fond of the political discussions that are taking place on the Speaker's corner, I think PK's good, too, when he raises questions about american politics. (did I mention i feel like i'm an american left winger (Right wingers need not worry, I won't vote...i'm Canadian :P:P:P))

I'd really like to meet Melstarr. I think she's 1000% cool ! :)

Among the greenies, i've only met Remster, so far. He's a real good guy. I think you guys tease him too much! B|B|B|

Yves. (Who likes to tease greenies ! )

I just want to say good things about the following people.

JumpinFarmer- a noob like myself
AcmeSkydiver- Thanks for the encouragement with the problems ive been having.
Tailgate- Same as above.

These are just a few. I deleted most of my PM's but i want those of you who are trying to help me and my marriage to know that your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

For those i talk to frequently and havent met or met at WFFC, Thanks for being my friends.

I believe totally that you cannot have too many friends.

Blues......

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

Vicki (vt1977). Met her briefly at eloy but she made quite an impression. She's a super sweet girl. Wish i had gotten to know her better. I've exchanged a few PMs with her and hope to visit her sometime soon.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

LOL...I give up! :ph34r: Say whatever good thing you want about anyone. Just make sure it's GOOD vibes!

People in the "good vibes" thread are beginning to freakin piss me off! :D (Vanilla yanking out her hair...ugh!)

Just kidding...

Yeah, i agree. Let 'em post whatever they want as long as it's nice! :D

Edited: YAY! Sunny to the rescue!!! :)

I pick Andrea, commonly known here as skymama, mama, and/or 'Oh Exhalted Hot One'.

She's really cool, very nice, beautiful, and can hold her temper back, even when someone insists on phonetically spelling her name......wrong.....repeatedly.

Luv ya babe! ;)

(But you ain't getting my bud light!)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1