CSpenceFLY

How long has it been since a DC-3 dropped jumpers in Georgia???

Hell, I even remember the hardest thing I ever did on a DC-3 - front float with the damned prop blast right in front of me! B|

Prolly looked like you worked all day at Valvoline Instant Oil Change after the jump! :o

Y'know, I don't think I was able to hang on long enough to look like that! :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

If there had been a DC-3 in the last 6 years, I would have known about it. Never heard of any used for skydiving in the state since I've been jumping.

Come to think of it, I remember visiting the old Skydive Atlanta DZ when it was at the Covington airport, and I noticed two DC-3's sitting on the tarmac. They looked like they hadn't been flown in some time, but they did have cargo doors. Any chance one of them could be bought and refurbished and used for skydiving? I know, it requires DEEP pockets of cash.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Could someone tell me what a DC-3 is?

It's a big, slow-ass plane with with a small door and radial engines that shit oil on your jumpsuit. It had to take off 30 minutes before the other planes during the 300 way attempts at SDC, we all brought pillows and a book to read for the climb to altitude.

Bitchin' swoops though.

It's a big, slow-ass plane

remeber..... that only aplies to every other dc-3 besides the southern cross... the SC is FAST!!! well not like mullins king air, but it is justas fast aas a caravan...

All right, Chris let the cat out of the bag...Chris is working on the final details, so it's not confirmed,yet. But, for those in need to satisfy their curiosity is the Southern Cross. Some of you may know, that the SO.Cross is the fastest DC-3.
Southern Cross will take 40 jumpers to altitude, you can actually stand-up in it (if you are 6' or less) etc...It's a vintage aircraft, it's a novelty, especially for those new to the sport. B|

Well Vic hit the nail on the head.It is the Southern Cross.It is being inspected right now and barring any setbacks it will be in Dublin the weekend before the boogie starts.So all you people that have never jumped a DC-3,stay tuned,buy your case of beer(I like Heineken)and start making plans to be in Dublin.

Damn Bubbles, what else do you have up your sneaky sleeve?

Kitty, I've volunteered to help w/ tandem manifest. You could certainly help me if you'd like. I have no doubt it's gonna be SWAMPED!!! Bring it on baby!! Thursday and Friday are our jump our ass off days sweet cheeks!;):)
I like coconuts. You can break them open and they smell like ladies lying in the sun!

You guys are going to break me...

I think I am going to have to get a 2nd mortgage just to have the kind of fun I anticipate in Dublin...

Any good corners to work in Dublin? Surely there is somebody out there that desires a poor white trash skydiver from Suck Creek, TN... ;)

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

...It's a vintage aircraft, it's a novelty, especially for those new to the sport.... B|

DC-3 was my first-ever jump plane back in '77.
Got my first lovin' from a skychick in it. B|

I'm on even if just for the memories....:)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

...It's a vintage aircraft, it's a novelty, especially for those new to the sport.... B|

DC-3 was my first-ever jump plane back in '77.
Got my first lovin' from a skychick in it. B|

I'm on even if just for the memories....:)

Andy,I'm thinking the POPs record should go out of the 3