councilman24

Really valuable reserve?

This went for $810 on ebay! I'm going to have to home and put one together from the parts I don't want!

Listed as complete and intact.

For bonus points why is this rig not physically ready to jump? Not talking about repack date.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I hate it when static line students pull the ripcord on the way out.;) ...

:D "Arch! Reach! Pull! Look! - Uh-oh!"

That happened so often back at Jenkinsburg that they sewed the handles to the containers with 1-1/2" cotton-elastic. We were used to it, but when I borrowed a reserve to jump at a Collegiate meet, the rigger there was horrified and almost didn't let me use it! :)
But seriously - $810?! I need that buyer's contact info - have I got a deal for him!

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

Stage left or house left? either one nothing was cut off. There were other photos online. Keeping looking. It obvious why you wouldn't put it on as is.;)

I can't access ebay from a military computer.

Photo left - the frayed bit looked like it may have been where the hardware was cut off, or at least it looked so to me.

Ok... I see it now...elastic band over the handle, right? When I first looked at it, it looked like a free end of the elastic laying over the handle.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Stage left or house left? either one nothing was cut off. There were other photos online. Keeping looking. It obvious why you wouldn't put it on as is.;)

I can't access ebay from a military computer.

Photo left - the frayed bit looked like it may have been where the hardware was cut off, or at least it looked so to me.

Ok... I see it now...elastic band over the handle, right? When I first looked at it, it looked like a free end of the elastic laying over the handle.

Not 'elastic'...there are are steel springs in that too!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

HAHAHA I have a closet of those Stoopid Things now - I should sell them all at $800 and quit my job.

Who sold them? FlyboyzAviation? Criminals. I emailed him once and told him what I thought of him, but I never heard back.
=========Shaun ==========

Photo left - the frayed bit looked like it may have been where the hardware was cut off, or at least it looked so to me

Thats the piece of gutted 550 cord that holds the safety pin that is inserted into the snap hook(on the back of the reserve) after it is attached to the jumpers main lift web D rings. It is known as the safety pin and lanyard.

The Reserve ripcord handle is improperly configured as pictured since the elastic retainer is routed over the reserve rip cord handle. That is what is known as a Major gig in the jump master circle and if missed during the JMPI test will get you kicked out of the pool. If you sweep the handle correctly during the inspection, it's an easy gig to catch but some people still miss it because they are in a hurry.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

It's easy to see why it went for $810, because it's the T-10R Modified Improved
Reserve Parachute System (MIRPS). The yellow binding tape on the top of the reserve flap is the outward indication. Inside includes a spring and pilot chute.

http://www.irvinaerospace.com/pdfs/T-10R_T-10R_MIRPS.pdf

And it was probably sold to some dude in Hong Kong...[:/]

We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar