mwabd1

Rigger directory??

Anyone know of an online list of riggers.........

I am in Springfield, IL and apart from driving to a nearby DZ I am looking for someone local and with my job I may be in a new city next week.......some kind of online listing would come in handy as I go from place to place.
.......I hereby reject your reality and instead choose to insert my own!

The is an entire data base of all FAA rating holders available for download on the FAA.gov website. It comes eithe as comma deliniated or hmmm space? deliniated. It a little unweildy to work with unless you do data base stuff every day. And it includes everyone. I'll let someone else look up the link this morning.

The site above isn't widely used in some areas. My expectation is that most riggers aren't on it. They certainly aren't in Michigan.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

The FAA database is only as up-to-date as the riggers keep it. I'm still listed as a rigger, with a misspelled maiden name, in Massachusetts. That's where I got my ticket, but that was last correct in the 1970's.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Wendy,

You should admit to violating FAR's in public.;)

"Sec. 65.21 Change of address

Within 30 days after any change in his permanent mailing address, the holder of a certificate issued under this part shall notify the Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration, Airman Certification Branch, Post Office Box 25082, Oklahoma City, OK 73125, in writing, of his new address."

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

The site above isn't widely used in some areas. My expectation is that most riggers aren't on it. They certainly aren't in Michigan.

This is certainly true in Illinois, too. Illinois lists only 3 riggers, none of which are associated with any of the 3 big lofts (para-gear, para-concepts, chicagoland).

A good usable directory would be awesome. Rigminder seems like a great idea, but I wish they'd do a better job telling us about it.

Also, this seems like a good feature for dropzone.com.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

The is an entire data base of all FAA rating holders available for download on the FAA.gov website. It comes eithe as comma deliniated or hmmm space? deliniated. It a little unweildy to work with unless you do data base stuff every day. And it includes everyone. I'll let someone else look up the link this morning.

There's a download button on one of the FAA pages when you start to make searches of the database. I don't have a direct url.

The formats are either comma separated values (CSV) or fixed-length space padded fields.

As terry said, it includes all airmen, except those who opt not to allow their info to be published.

Right now, the CSV file runs about 63 MB.

Here is the FAA link.

Has said above it's big, only as current as the data provided by the holders, and airmen can opt out. But get you closer.
http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/releasable_airmen_download/

Easier, just ask here for where you are or going.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

This is certainly true in Illinois, too. Illinois lists only 3 riggers, none of which are associated with any of the 3 big lofts (para-gear, para-concepts, chicagoland).

A good usable directory would be awesome. Rigminder seems like a great idea, but I wish they'd do a better job telling us about it.

Also, this seems like a good feature for dropzone.com.

_Am

If you would like to give suggestions to get the word out more abotu Rigminder, we are willing to try it! We'd love to see more riggers on there!

And it's a good idea to be able to see what areas they serve rather than just the state, we'll work on that!

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?