prepheckt

International Mail

I just mailed something via USPS to a foreign country...which I've never done before. I had to fill out a customs form. What I want to know is whether the recipient will be charged an import duty to receive it? That would suck because it is a gift. Anyone know the specific regulations on that?
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

I work for Canada Post. Technically, if the word "gift" was either checked off on a box or written in the content description, there should be no duties charged. If there are, the person can appeal to their customs agenc for re-evaluation.

Marz

..chips, cereal, candy.

How about a Blonde with large hooters. Make sure you mark it as a gift of absolutely no value and put a couple air holes in the box. Anything female that is still, or was at one time, alive. It's OK if she isn't concious.......but I would like her to still be warm.
:D

Fixed it:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

..chips, cereal, candy.

How about a Blonde with large hooters. Make sure you mark it as a gift of absolutely no value and put a couple air holes in the box. It's OK if she isn't concious.......but I would like her to still be warm. :D

sounds like it should be worth ~30$;)

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

I just mailed something via USPS to a foreign country...which I've never done before. I had to fill out a customs form. What I want to know is whether the recipient will be charged an import duty to receive it? That would suck because it is a gift. Anyone know the specific regulations on that?

If it's a gift, the value of the item is $0.00 and make sure to label it as a gift in the appropriate box.
-----
~~~Michael

If it's a gift, the value of the item is $0.00 and make sure to label it as a gift in the appropriate box.

Oh crap....if that's true then I screwed it up. I did put gift but put its dollar value down too...is that bad?
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

Oh crap....if that's true then I screwed it up. I did put gift but put its dollar value down too...is that bad?

They'll probably just say somethiong about stupid americans and let it go.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

That should still work. I send stuff back to Germany which was brand new and worth about $ 400. I declared it as a gift but also put the value on as I insured the package for that specific value.
No custom problems at all.
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!