paulledden

Rude Americans

An English friend of mine came back from some sort of Skydiving Convention (she called it) in the USA. She brought me a T Shirt as a present with a motif on it "The Muff Brothers". It also had some pictures emblazoned on it of very old men with parachutes on their backs.

I recently visited the USA and on several occasions whilst walking around in various US cities with my family I heard people shouting 'Hey Asshole' I didn't think for a minute that they were addressing me. However, on the sixth or somesuch occasion my wife stated that she thought otherwise. I ignored them naturally. However another American man then approached me and wound his middle finger up as if with an imaginary winch and said right to my face "You're number one with me pal!" When I challenged his rudeness he said it was because of the T - Shirt.
What on earth is going on?

Confused!
The probability of being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions at the time!

Hey asshole!

WHHAAAAAAAT?

I like it when my friends tell me I'm number one.:D

Eitherway I've been to rude cities and very friendly cities in the US...I'm sure its the same everywhere else in the world (except france, obviously).:D:P:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

An English friend of mine came back from some sort of Skydiving Convention (she called it) in the USA. She brought me a T Shirt as a present with a motif on it "The Muff Brothers". It also had some pictures emblazoned on it of very old men with parachutes on their backs.

I recently visited the USA and on several occasions whilst walking around in various US cities with my family I heard people shouting 'Hey Asshole' I didn't think for a minute that they were addressing me. However, on the sixth or somesuch occasion my wife stated that she thought otherwise. I ignored them naturally. However another American man then approached me and wound his middle finger up as if with an imaginary winch and said right to my face "You're number one with me pal!" When I challenged his rudeness he said it was because of the T - Shirt.

Confused!

Hmmm

Do you smell troll?

Hey Ass hole!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You know I don't get it either, but I will, this weekend is Muff Brothers 19 yr reunion at Z-Hills. So I'm off to the hills for a good time and some jumps+ safety day on Sunday:S:S. I'll let ya know on monday what that whole asshole thing is about.

camping in the cold is gonna suck.

see ya'll Saturday.

You know I don't get it either, but I will, this weekend is Muff Brothers 19 yr reunion at Z-Hills. So I'm off to the hills for a good time and some jumps+ safety day on Sunday:S:S. I'll let ya know on monday what that whole asshole thing is about.

camping in the cold is gonna suck.

see ya'll Saturday.

Ok - I get all this -

But WHO are the Rodruigez Brothers?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

:D Well...I'm going to try and not take this as a troll post. :D

If you really don't know, do a search on "Muff Brothers," and you'll find a lot of answers to your...errr....question. :D

And...the appropriate greeting/response to a Muff Brother is "HEY ASSHOLE." :D
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Confused!

All I can say is that in my nearly 39 years of life in the US, I've never been called an asshole when I didn't deserve it....

Peace~
linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Is it really that hard to believe guys? Not everything that comes out of America goes global. The only reason i'd heard of the RB Brothers, Skymonkeys, The Hellfish etc when i arrived in the US last year was because of DZ.com.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

"Is it really that hard to believe guys?"

Hmmm, 20 years in the sport, and over a thousand jumps, and never heard of the Muff Brothers....hmmm. My thinking is that this thread is leaning towards that of a hairy hill dweller.
It looks good next to 'Swooping, sport or stupidity?'
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Hmmm, 20 years in the sport, and over a thousand jumps, and never heard of the Muff Brothers....hmmm. My thinking is that this thread is leaning towards that of a hairy hill dweller.

Ten #5 at WFFC this year. Check it out:

Muff Brothers Bio - WFFC (Bio on the right)

Just because you have never heard of it does not mean it does not exist. :D
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Nac as always your sensibility and wisdom prevail, in my haste to defend i neglected to look at the profile :$

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

As Muff Bro. #2990, the middle finger & "Hey ASSHOLE" was taught to me as the standard greeting and hand gesture of fellow members!
The 8 way and middle fingers up on completion in freefall as well.;)

Confused!

Bwahahahaha! Damn, that's good.

This is going on the short list of what I consider the funniest dz.com bonfire posts of all time!
Corcho Rodriguez aka Muff#3520, representin'!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Oh Come ON! There has to be more muff brothers that are on dz.com than that! I'm #3308...

"Hurrah for me, and fuck you.
Or better yet,
hurrah for you and fuck me!"

Flora

-Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

At Rantoul, we funneled a Magic carpet and hit 201 avg. top speed. my muffs cut my ear and my sandals tore off. Had fun on every Muff jump.:D

'Er yes ma'am! I take it that is a little Muffette talkin' there?

Regards

Paul Muff #1467

Mind you, Flora is also a boys name in the UK amongst the aristocracy.
The probability of being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions at the time!

All I can say is that in my nearly 39 years of life in the US, I've never been called an asshole when I didn't deserve it....

Peace~
linz

HEY ASSHOLE!.... WHAT? COUNT OFF!.... ONE!
:D:D:)

Damn Conway, I call you asshole all the time... Whether you hear me or not. :)

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Muff Brother # 3411 here.

Oh...and you forgot something on this quote.

"Hurrah for me, and fuck you.
Or better yet,
hurrah for you and fuck me!"

You forgot.....PLEASE! :D
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

As Muff Bro. #2990, the middle finger & "Hey ASSHOLE" was taught to me as the standard greeting and hand gesture of fellow members!

Maybe for you...poor thing...but I get a hug after the standard greeting. :P