MooChooser

Recent Vector 3 / Sigma mod.

It is designed to hold the bag to the container until the bridle has enough tension to ensure correct staging for opening. The issue is if the deployment happens at the right time the bag could fall out of the container with out any tension on the bridle and in theory cause the bridle to entangle with the deploying reserve canopy causing all sorts of nasty situations.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The bungee bridle bight is easy enough to figure out the next time you have it open, but I haven't figured out what they changed with the RSL yet. I didn't watch the reserve being packed because I was straightening out my main. The new mods must be kind of hidden when the reserve is all closed up.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

If your cypres fires after your main is out, the freebag can fall out of the reserve tray. This can put load on your collins lanyard. In turn your left side riser releases. With the bight in the bungee the freebag wont get pulled out until there is enough force from the reserve pilot chute to do so. Also if the freebag falls out the connection point on the RSL lanyard won't load on the collins lanyard.

Matt Davies