ryan_d_sucks

Harness too big?

I bought a used Vector 3, and just got it in the mail today... I'm kind of worried that it might be a bit too big for me though... I'm not sure if it actually is too big, or if I'm just not used to being in a comfortable container.

The leg straps are fine, the length of the container is fine, the only part that seems like it may be too big is across my chest. The container isn't by any means slipping off of my shoulders, but I could move my shoulder out from under it if I really tried to. My old rig was to small, so there was no way I could move my shoulder out from under it.

I'll have my rigger take a look at it and get his opinion, but is there some sort of field test to see if a rig is too big to jump safely?

Mine fit looser without canopies in them. Didn't you have a cutaway? That's the first time I noticed it, when flying around under my reserve, I had all kinds of room to lean around in the harness.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

Hey, Chris!
Didn't you "loosen" your harness fit on that reserve opening?:P I thought after that one it did fit looser permanently

Ryan, Congrats on container!
First, have someone knowledgeable at DZ look at it. Then measure yourself per RWs order chart and compare to web size - a call to UPT (RWS) may do well here. If all else fails - those can be resized quite reasonably.

Peace!
Igor

You need to try it on after it's packed. Right now it's all soft and flexible, and it conforms to your body. Pack it up and the container turns in to a brick attached to a harness, and doesn't quite fit the same way it does when empty.

From what you've described, it should fit fine once it's packed up.

Hey Igor, whats going on man??

-- very good ideas there. I went ahead and called UPT and gave them my stats, they said that this rig should fit me damn near perfectly. I also described to them how/where it felt 'loose' and what I could do with my shoulder if I really tried to, and they said you can do that in a rig that fits properly. I guess my concern stems from never having been in a rig that fits properly, as my old Dolphin was atleast 1 size too small for me, so I think I got used to that extremely tight feeling.

Now its time to get her assembled and jump. I'm excited.

Awesome Ryan! I am glad you got it.

Here is my experiences. I bought a used Reflex for next to nothing on eBay. I had been jumping a big ass Javelin that was huge. So I try it on - without canopies and it fit like a glove. I was soooo excited. Brought it to my rigger - had him put in reserve and main and it was way too freaking small :(

I then had to have the rigger put everything back in my Javelin. That was pricey!

I think you will be good. You want it to be big - need room for your stuff!

Is Dick assembling it for you? If you ever need immediate rigger work my boyfriend is a Master Rigger (man that saves me some cash come repack time!!!)
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I