MattIRE

Beginners guide to gear

Hey guys.

Never done 1 jump at all yet. But hoping to do my AFF course this summer (next summer if I dont get the cash to spare this summer haha)

Basically because I cant wait to get a bit of the feeling I was wondering if ye would recommend getting some gear and then doing some ground launches with it? (I would get paragliding gear but definitly wont be able to afford both) Would be very happy doing that to get a feeling for gliding etc..hehe.

Could ye recommend a few things to me or would ye say just do the AFF first and then worry bout gear?

Cheers guys

Tandem / Funjump Skydive Locations
Skydiving & BASE logbook app

if you dont get hurt it will be due to pure luck

+1

If you got no canopy experience definitely do not try to ground launch. Gear is expensive, buy the right stuff with the help of your instructors.

Your best course of action is to simply sign up to AFF/do your FJC, everything will flow from that.

Go for skydiving cause nothing tops that. It's challenging, exhilarating, very social, different than other sport...what else. AFF program is fine but it's not the only one. Maybe you would prefer something like IAD program (instructor assisted deployment) . It all depends on your preference. For the equipment, you should wait and see after about 10-15 jumps if you are going to continue and put your money in a rig. But right now it's too soon for you to think about that.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.