PhillyKev

Lost my job...thanks for the memories.

FYI - I believe you should legally be allowed to see this letter if it was used to help remove you from your job.

Actually, I think CBS is right.

And you can bring it to a lawyer, who may be able to see that damages are recovered, and that this can't follow you. Sometimes, using the law when you've been intentionally damaged is the way to go, even if it means suing another skydiver.

I can't think of a post you made that would be problematic for your clients though...or your work. I don't even know who you work for, and I've been around a while.

And I echo the sentiments....whomever did this is not to be trusted, either in the air or on the ground.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Holy Shite!

I don't read the forums that much so I don't know you, but that is so appalling that I feel compelled to post and express my sympathy. Even if you're a total asshole I can't see doing that to someone.

I wish you well in the search for your next job.

Yeah, but all kinds of loopholes, it will all depend on the Employee Policy.

Typically, corporations over write them, and then don't enforce them. Then when they want to, it is in writing.

My old place of employment, Penatrode, has a clause about all personal use on company computer hardware, etc. If they have such a clause, the letter is not the reason, they will claim, it just caused them to evaluate the usage.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

Oh. Didn't know that. However, if the contract was something like that, and there is a warning system in place (like there is most of the time, for a CYA thing...) then it would still be worth the investigation. Especially if some of those posts can be proved to have been made on his own time. At home, weekends, stuff like that. Which could strip the claim down to "unreasonable" and therefore demonstrate that it's simply a loophole use.

Well, I still think there's the potential for a damned decent lawsuit...libel, slander, defamation, interference with livelihood. I dunno, but something.

And I think it's a Federal thing to be able to view the contents of your personnel file. may have changed - it's been a long time since I worked in Corporate America - but it was that the last time I heard.

Ciels-
Michele

Yeah, but all kinds of loopholes, it will all depend on the Employee Policy.

Typically, corporations over write them, and then don't enforce them. Then when they want to, it is in writing.

My old place of employment, Penatrode, has a clause about all personal use on company computer hardware, etc. If they have such a clause, the letter is not the reason, they will claim, it just caused them to evaluate the usage.

This goes beyond company SOP. At this point it goes into local and federal HR issues.

>:( WTF?!?!?! >:( The individual that did that is a *#$&#*($&)(#&$)*(#$&!!!! >:(>:(>:(

I say you should out the S.O.B. and let the community deal with them. >:(

Good luck in your job search, PK.

And to whomever did that, I now pray for Karma to get a hold of you with no mercy. >:(>:(
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Well I have no idea, I wish him the best with a lawsuit, and I am no lawyer.

Was just commenting that under my experience, a company can mandate in the policy when you sign to become an employee that their equipment is to be used for no personal use. IN my last job, it was used as means for dismissal. Most people violated it and as long as you did not put a bullseye on, you were never measured by it.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

Well I have no idea, I wish him the best with a lawsuit, and I am no lawyer.

Was just commenting that under my experience, a company can mandate in the policy when you sign to become an employee that their equipment is to be used for no personal use. IN my last job, it was used as means for dismissal. Most people violated it and as long as you did not put a bullseye on, you were never measured by it.

First off, if it was an "at will" job they can let him go for any reason.

Internet usage and violating the fair use policy that most companies have is a top reason people can lose their jobs these days. Technically speaking, any post you make on company time is now their intellectual property.

However, when the let him know about the letter, the scenario changed.

Kev, you may want to get a lawyer just so this doesn't follow you to your next job. >:(

PK,

This is seriously fucked up. I find it hard to believe someone can stoop that low, but lots and lots of fucked up stuff happens on this site... lots of good too, but the fucked up stuff (like this) can sometimes make the good look insignificant.

I hope the person that did this gets what's coming to them. >:(

Jen
Arianna Frances

I'm >:( as hell...WHAT THE FUCK is with people today....good grief....>:(

Dude im so sorry this piece of shit did this to ya....and karma is a biatch it really is.....
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Damn man....I'm so sorry. :( I've only recently come to this forum, but I am just shocked that someone would do something that low down. Of course, I am overly naive and think that everyone is basically a good person. Sigh....once again, that belief has been shot full of holes.

Were they out for your job or did they have a personal issue with you?

No matter....that was just SO wrong!

I won't feed you the typical line about it being better in the long run. I DO wish you bushelfulls of luck for finding a better position. Obviously your place of employment was pretty narrowminded to take that persons claims without bringing you in on the discussion. For that, the person seems to have done you a favor. What if you had ever needed your job to stand up for you down the road? It seems they wouldn't have been there for you.

Good luck and blue skies,
Nina
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Hey Kev,
Don't really know much about you or where you might work, or even the person who would have done this to you... but whatever the reasons, he/she needs to really come to terms with why they would want to screw with another life so badly. It's one thing if they're mad cuz of some slamming on the internet or an imagined insult ... seen a few personal attacks/feelings hurt/stuff like that, but that's all sticks and stones. Orchestrating events so that someone looses their job... that is truly messed up.
I know it's of little comfort right now... but karma does even it out. and I hope you're next job gives you a bit raise, and a secretary with big tits (or something like that that guys would appreciate)
Anyway... just wanted to send you some support.
Karen

That sucks kevin. what a bastard! What fool would try to oust some one from a job taht allows beer drinking and big screens during the day??!! I'd beg to get hired there, not kill contacts! Idiot!

My old job is opening up if you like low pay, 24/7 on call, and a southern belle boss who doesn't even know your name... >:(

I just have to say, sometimes fate will have it, that it's a good day to get fired.

I should know, I've been fired several times :ph34r: I'm getting better at at each time. It allows you the freedom to tell your boss what you really think of them without fear of loosing you job ;)

Try to look at the future, sometimes I've ended up with better jobs, and if that happens, then the smuck that blew the whistle on you, actually ends up doing you a favor.

You know your living life to the full, when you get fired occasionally.

Best regards, and keep smiling :)

WTF?!?!?! The individual that did that is a *#$&#*($&)(#&$)*(#$&!!!!

I say you should out the S.O.B. and let the community deal with them.

Good luck in your job search, PK.

And to whomever did that, I now pray for Karma to get a hold of you with no mercy.

Me 2 ~!!! >:(

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

[shakes head in amazement] [:/]
[shakes head in disgust!] >:(

WOW, I can't believe someone would do this.... don't know you all that well, but can't imagine that anything you've done or said validates this type of behavior!!! This person needs to get a serious life!!!! >:( AAAARRRRRGGGGG Some peoples children! >:(>:(>:(

My best wishes to you PK - Good luck!!!

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

WOW, I can't believe someone would do this.... don't know you all that well, but can't imagine that anything you've done or said validates this type of behavior!!!

I don't think there's anything I know of which comes out here that would warrant attacking someone to the extent they lose their job.

Whomever did this has no sense or morality, integrity, or honor. And while I know some people like that, it still is a bit of a shock to see them take that action.

And no, I don't know who it is.

Ciels-
Michele

Sounds like a good reason for a serious ass-whuppin to me.

Hooyah to that. I may not have agreed with much of what PK posted but for someone to rat him out like that is just wrong. Definitly not cool.

If you still want to know about the restaurants where I live and ask about my co-workers, I still have the PMs you sent me last week. I'll have my lawyer pass the info along to you.

What's that behind you?