jclalor

Wings 50% discount coupon

You can go through the manufacturer and then you pay 50% off the base price of the container and get the options at retail price.....

OR

you could go through a retailer and get 50% off the base price as well as a discount on the options if the retailer wants to.

They are on level these certificates but dont be a mug and pay hundreds of dollars for it as some do. There are many retailers who sell wings containers at 25% off the base and options at discount so take that calculation into mind before thinking you are actually saving 50% of the price when you purchase the certificate.

In reality if you shop around a 50% off voucher is actually only worth 25%.
So when doing the maths on how much you buy the certificate for remember you can buy a container very easily for 25% off the base price through so many different distributors, myself included.

Personally, I think people who sell these certificates for more than $100 instead of just giving them away to someone who needs a rig is taking the piss.

Also make sure that the expiry date is still valid.

Happy Shopping.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I won a 50% coupon for a Wings back in 2004 at a boogie and at that time I had to go through the manufacturer. BigWay is totally correct, you are kinda waisting your money if you pay much more then a $100 for it. At the time my DZ could have gotten me the same rig at 25% and I had the choice of 50% with the coupon or 25% with the DZ but not both. Of course since I won the coupon and didnt pay a cent I used the coupon and still payed $1240. That was in 2004 and I believe the base price was alot less then it is now. SOOOO that being said a month or so after I got my rig I saw people trying to sell these things for $300-400 which is a total rip because by the time you are done you just payed the same amount you would of by going through a good dealer and now someone else has your $300... Just my 2 cents worth, hope it helps

Ok.... I just checked the wings site and a base rig is going up to $1800 by April 1st :o It may be worth a little more these days (if it is still valid, check with Sunrise) Base price when I got mine was $1200 and then in 02' it was about $850 if i remember correctly. Guess I better hang on to my rig;)

Im gonna need a bigger hammer....

I am buying a 50% discount coupon for a wings container and was wondering if I need to go through the manufacturer or if I can go through a retailer?

Are these coupons on the level?

Thanks for any info.

Be sure to not pay hundreds for it. I noted other said the same thing..

Example is noted in the Chuting Star banner ads on DZ.com with the following pricing being listed:

Wings: Custom in 14 weeks $1,200.00

or

Wings Vision: Custom in 14 weeks $1,275.00

They also note on line the following as well..

Note: Price increase of $200 coming April 1 for Wings containers. Order now!

If your going to order soon make sure the 50% off is worth it for what your talking about paying...

Scott
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

You can order through the distributor other than just the manufacturer, however, dont expect all distributors to be happy if you bring the certificate to them, this is why the certificate says contact the manufacturer directly. You see, the certificate cuts out the distributors profit, though they still can make a few dollars on the options.

I am sure your local distributor would rather you bring the order to them than straight to the manufacturer but if you dont have a friendly gear store then go straight to the manufacturer. It cuts out all the dealers profit on the base price so this is why wings ask you to go straight to them.

For the person who says they got a military discount, You will find that most container manufacturers offer that. Just not all of them advertise it.

The wings discounts i.e. military, students, certificates are what i believe to be the best in the industry.

As for price increases, Aerodyne have a very big one coming up April 1st as well.

Their Icons are going up something like 12% but they are adding Chest rings as standard like all the other options. However, I am yet to meet a person who has ever paid retail price for anything other than AAD'S or PD canopies. So the price increase should not affect people that much.

It seems every year the skydiving industry manufacturers have price increases now. I wish we all got pay increases every year ;) to keep up.

The GBP lost 30% of its value in a month and the last thing UK jumpers need is a price increase.
A fully loaded rig for a UK jumper went up at least 1800 gbp overnight (that is not even retail price) and now they are going to have to pay even more.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

DONT ever pay a dime for a discount certificate >:(

The person who is selling it paid nothing for the certificate, so it has no value other than for the person who uses it.

I think it's a outrage to sell them to jumpers, the last time I won a certificate, I gave it to a much needed jumper who appreciated the gesture and got themselves new gear at a good price.

DONT BUY IT, would be my suggestion.

Much like Skyride if we stop buying them, people will soon stop selling them.

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

DONT ever pay a dime for a discount certificate >:(

The person who is selling it paid nothing for the certificate, so it has no value other than for the person who uses it.

I think it's a outrage to sell them to jumpers, the last time I won a certificate, I gave it to a much needed jumper who appreciated the gesture and got themselves new gear at a good price.

Much like Skyride if we stop buying them, people will soon stop selling them.

I agree, however some people think cause they won it and it is their prize that maybe it should be worth something to them.

Now if only PD had these certificates Karl..........

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

> if we stop buying them, people will soon stop selling them.

So you want no one to use them, but you also think it was nice of you to give one to a needy jumper? I think you have a bit of an inner conflict there.

Where did you get that from??

He said, he wants people to stop BUYING them so people stop SELLING them and instead just give them away to people who could use them.

Think you have a bit of a inner issue with Karl there to be so quick to jump on his words all wrong like that.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

> if we stop buying them, people will soon stop selling them.

So you want no one to use them, but you also think it was nice of you to give one to a needy jumper? I think you have a bit of an inner conflict there.

Where did you get that from??

He said, he wants people to stop BUYING them so people stop SELLING them and instead just give them away to people who could use them.

Think you have a bit of a inner issue with Karl there to be so quick to jump on his words all wrong like that.

+1
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Agreed. I like the idea of giving it away instead of selling it.

I do remember a while back that Vendors that DONATED these certificates to Boogies had asked that the boogie organizers report back who won the certificate. Not sure if they were trying to stop people selling them or not with that.

I won one of these certificates several years ago that got me 50% off a Complete Aerodyne Rig (Icon, Pilot and Smart). It saved me about $2000. I had about 30 Jumps at the time and it was absolutely the best thing I ever won. Without it, There is no way I could have bought a rig at that time.

If you win one, Use it or Pass it on to a new Jumper getting started.

I also liked the way the Roaming DZ used to handle the raffles for these certificates.. If you won, you got to go up and select a certificate (Hopefully something you wanted to use). That way people got certificates they were planning on using.