Lostinspace

I closed my container.

Its not now required on the A card to jump your own pack job and you only have to demonstrate ability to pack in order for it to be signed off on.

Different dropzones to do different things. I really wanted to jump my pack job... but well... weather sux.

I need a refresher now - I barely remember a thing [:/]

Jen
Arianna Frances

Did you also have to walk ten miles to school, barefoot in the snow, uphill both ways?:P

Seriously, that was military jump school, right?

I do agree students *should* learn to pack but most dzs are way too busy on the weekends to teach and adequately supervise them. The reality these days is you learn when you have to- like when you've finally got your own gear and you are too broke to pay someone to pack it for you!

Its not now required on the A card to jump your own pack job and you only have to demonstrate ability to pack in order for it to be signed off on.

Different dropzones to do different things. I really wanted to jump my pack job... but well... weather sux.

I need a refresher now - I barely remember a thing [:/]

Jen

Make sure the lines are straight, slider down, and stuff it in. It will open. If the pack jobs of some INSTRUCTORS I know will open, yours will too! :D
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Seriously, that was military jump school, right?

ummm no....i still as of yet have to pack a military rig......im not a military rigger........for skydiving i had t ohave 5 pack jobs, and jump my own pack job my first jump......just the way it went.
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

Make sure the lines are straight, slider down, and stuff it in. It will open.

Is the slider considered "down" when it's nearest the canopy? I think we call that "up" at our DZ, but I'm a student and figure that I'm usually wrong anyway :P

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Don't be afraid of death,
be afraid of the unlived life.

Is the slider considered "down" when it's nearest the canopy? I think we call that "up" at our DZ, but I'm a student and figure that I'm usually wrong anyway :P

it was a joke... base jumpers use a slider down (or off) technique for alot of jumps

slider down means it is nearest the risers
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

It looks like the risers on the right are exposed a little.

Is the secondary riser cover on the right side folded under the riser instead of covering it?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

it was a joke... base jumpers use a slider down (or off) technique for alot of jumps

slider down means it is nearest the risers

:P hehehe

Seriously though, if your lines are straight and the slider is propery quartered and UP, there is a good chance it will open. :D:D
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

When you get frustrated, remember that it's normal. Everyone else went through the same shit too :P.

You will get it, but it will be a while before it becomes natural. If you jump a Sabre, make sure you know what you're doing - sloppy packing can hurt lots come opening time.

Amazon...best pic yet!

I am also just getting the hang of packing. And it does get better with time. My first few ones took me the length of time of guys who could pack and make 2 jumps before I was finished.. and then I was too tired to jump.

But now I have a container that fits me and that closes so well... And every pack job I am learning and getting more familiar with where everything should go on the first go around.

Keep packing..no matter the looks you get...
IF you are going to be Stupid - you better be tough!

agreed... you should see some of me skydiving packjobs... just run the lines up fix the sliders , stick the nose in, wrap the tail, and sfold into the d bag
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...