Txflier

Chest strap placement

Ok I have searched but the only thing I found was where it should be if I have DD's.

Where should the chest strap sit? I just got a new container and it seems low, but that could be because I've been jumping rental gear. It could be because it is the type 17 webbing also and more narrow than I am use to.

It is just under my chest, right around my sternum. I've looked at some pictures and they seem to vary quite a bit in placement.

Can't wait to have it assembled. :)
I'm not the rope totin charlie Bronson wanna be that's getting us fucking lost.

Ok I have searched but the only thing I found was where it should be if I have DD's.

Where should the chest strap sit? I just got a new container and it seems low, but that could be because I've been jumping rental gear. It could be because it is the type 17 webbing also and more narrow than I am use to.

It is just under my chest, right around my solar plexus. I've looked at some pictures and they seem to vary quite a bit in placement.

I'm not a rigger, so I don't know the specifics on this. All I know is that my last rig had a lower chest strap than the rig I have now, even though the yokes are the same size. My last rig chest strap was below my boobs and on the rig I have now, the chest strap is directly over my boobs.
http://3ringnecklace.com/

It is just under my chest, right around my solar plexus. I've looked at some pictures and they seem to vary quite a bit in placement.

I'm not a rigger, so I don't know the specifics on this. All I know is that my last rig had a lower chest strap than the rig I have now, even though the yokes are the same size. My last rig chest strap was below my boobs and on the rig I have now, the chest strap is directly over my boobs.

Ok thanks, I'm going to see my rigger tomorrow I'm sure it's probably fine I was just wondering if there was an ideal place for it to be. I don't have to worry about my boobs bein in the way luckily. ;)

Mine sits slightly below the girls. After opening it is usually above. I've never had any discomfort at all with it. I feel like it fits like it should. (Well, the only time it was uncomfortable was with a hard opening.) I do not think you would want it above on the ground as it will most likely be in your neck choking you upon opening.

There are actually a couple of threads in the women's forum about this (I started one, so I know they're there). It mostly comes down to what works best for you, as long as:
a. you don't end up with your chest strap choking you
b. you don't end up with your shoulder straps sliding off

Personally, I like it low; others prefer it high, and some like it right across the middle.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

:D:D I think I caused some confusion. I am a guy not a women.

I was just saying that was the only thread I could find on position of chest straps was for the ladies.

But I have gotten some PM's that answered my questions. Thanks all. Now I know how to get all the women to post in my thread I'll just pose as a girl. ;)