ljwobker

new PD Optimum sizes and relative pack volumes

I currently own a rig that has a "regular" PD143R in it. The container is an Infinity I-34. Anyone have suggestions/info on whether the corresponding "new" PD optimum would be the 160, or the 176? I'd prefer to put a 176 in there, but also don't want my rigger to hate me forever. ;)

Tony from VSE posted that they were about to receive their larger Optimums to do some sizing comparisons. I look forward to their results as I have the same size container as you and have the same question.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I currently own a rig that has a "regular" PD143R in it. The container is an Infinity I-34. Anyone have suggestions/info on whether the corresponding "new" PD optimum would be the 160, or the 176? I'd prefer to put a 176 in there, but also don't want my rigger to hate me forever. ;)

Hi Lawrence,

I've got an Optimum 160 on its way and plan to pack it into our I-3 series containers. Once it's been packed, I should have a pretty good idea how the 176 will fit. I would assume that I'll have an answer for you within a couple of weeks.

-Tony

EDIT: Heh, monkycndo beat me to it :P
-Tony
(253) 445-8790
Velocity Sports Equipment

Tony -- you currently have MY I-34 sitting in your shop awaiting a harness resize (the all-black one)... why don't you just throw that 160 in there "just to see how it fits" and then send it to me!

;)

--lj

Great idea! :D

The Optimum 160 packs up pretty dense. It is a great fit for the Infinity I-3 series of containers. I would not recommend putting the Optimum 176 in this container though, I believe it'll be too big.
-Tony
(253) 445-8790
Velocity Sports Equipment