AggieDave

What's in your CD Player/Playlist

Been on a real 80's kick lately. Playlists have been rotating through - Human League, 10000 Maniacs, Adam Ant, ABC, Flock of Seagulls, Soft Cell, Prince, GoGos, They Might Be Giants, Aldo Nova, Alphaville, Depeche Mode, Bananarama, Bangles, Buggles, The Smiths, Pretenders, Big Country, Crowded House, Camoflauge, Dream Academy, Duran Duran, Eurythmics, Gary Numan, George Michael...

In the house CD player right now is the Spawn soundtrack. Next to the house CD player is Beastie Boy's "Paul's Boutique", NIN "Pretty Hate Machine", Living Color "Time's Up", Timbuk 3 "Greetings from Timbuk 3" and Robin Trower "Bridge of Sighs."

;)a skydiving doors fan, allright!;) and BMR is taking their sweet ass time with the other 40 hours of unreleased doors music. scotty carbone once told me about a doors concert in NYC, what a trip......the concert and carbone!

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

scotty carbone once told me about a doors concert in NYC, what a trip.

My high school math teacher told me about a Doors concert she saw when she was in college.... Sometimes I almost wish I'd been born 15 years earlier so I coulda seen 'em live too...

btw, I love your sig line. That's one of my favorite Morrison quotes.

Oh and Dave? Bite me. :P

I have a sad life, all my CD's were stolen :(, I had metallica, iron maiden, sepultura, ANIMAL, spawn soundtrack, the beetles, alice dj, alice in chains unplugged and some other stuff. Had them on the car CD player so I heard them all and I miss them. :(

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com

I had metallica, iron maiden, sepultura

Hell yeah! God, I've been a Metallica fan since I can remember, seen them in concert and Sepultura kicks serious ass! Refuse Resist, Propaganda, the Blood Rooted album, they fucking rock!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

In the iPod right now?

Man, I really love this thing.

iPod's rock!

"Oh, a compact disc. How quaint..."

Plus Quade's music selection almost matches my iPod. Except I've got a pretty damn big Beatles section, and a totally complete Jimmy Buffett section.

Oh, yeah, and lots of country. What's wrong with you people? No country music?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Tom, I love country music, well, let me quantify that, I love OLD country music and Texas music. That new crap, the boy band wanna be's with cowboy hats, that I can do with out (read: Rascal Flats, etc.). A lot of new country is waaay to popish for me.

In my truck in my CD player I have a mix CD I burnt with David Allen Coe, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Pat Green, Merle Haggard, Jerry Jeff Walker, Roger Creager and a few others. :)

Oh, yeah, and lots of country. What's wrong with you people? No country music?

Hey, 10 different versions of "Ghost Riders in the Sky" and 8 versions of "Hot Rod Lincoln" has to count for something!

I also have quite a bit of k.d. lang before anyone knew she was a lesbian and could get played on C&W stations and then there's my Ranch Romance collection which is a cowboy swing group. "Good-bye Earl" my ass. Do a quick check of Ranch Romance's "Buckaroo". Now THAT'S ccol stuff.

Does the soundtrack to "The Country Bear Jamboree" count? ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I just got Wilco's new disc...yankee hotell foxtrot

AWESOME album...and to think there previous major label said it wasn't sellable...they've sold more of this album than all the others.....

I also got the new weezer...another great album from the rockin geeks....;);)

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

although I like most of the music mentioned here,
I am a little surprised the guitar great were never mentioned.(I saw hendrix up there somewhere)

but what about SRV, KWS, jonny lang, DMB,jonny mayer, bb king, muddy waters, J.L. hooker.

Damn am I the only one who likes this stuff...

as long as Im bring up a different type of music...what about motown and the 50's rock era? hmm.

I havent been in america(or even by a real radio) in ayear so I have no idea what the music scene is like now but cake,train,deftones, alice cooper(older stuff), disturbed, kotton mouth kings, Zep , Lenny Kravitz. is this stuff all dead now or what?
My photos

My Videos

motown and the 50's rock era?

I love Motown and 50s. I just about cried when the local oldies station shifted to format to take the emphasis off of the 50s so that they could add the 70s. Buddy Holly, Richie Valence, Jerry Lee Lewis, The Four Tops, Spinners, Four Seasons, Supremes, Martha and the Vandellas, Galdys Knight and the Pips, all those great one-hit wonders, Carol Kaye (played bass on _everything_), the old great Elvis, Chuck Berry, it was all good.

I lost my entire MP3 collection a while back and my 50s collection never recovered.:(

In my truck in my CD player I have a mix CD I burnt with David Allen Coe, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Pat Green, Merle Haggard, Jerry Jeff Walker, Roger Creager and a few others. :)

YEA :D! Don't forget Robert Earl Keen and Radney Foster. Saw Pat Green (along with CCR and Radney Foster and others) in Dallas at Smirnoff (his first headline there) back in June, and man what a show - absolutely incredible.
"Well after 12 years of the copenhagen I finally found out that I was mistaken, it's not gonna be something to add the years to my life..." Ol' Pat just got a way with words.

Matt
A well-informed person is somebody who has the same views and opinions as yours.

Been on a real 80's kick lately. Playlists have been rotating through - Human League, 10000 Maniacs, Adam Ant, ABC, Flock of Seagulls, Soft Cell, Prince, GoGos, They Might Be Giants, Aldo Nova, Alphaville, Depeche Mode, Bananarama, Bangles, Buggles, The Smiths, Pretenders, Big Country, Crowded House, Camoflauge....

I, on the other hand, never stopped listening to that stuff. I am fascinated that you have Camoflage in your collection. Right on. Every Smiths album, as well as every Morrisey album are present in my car. What about the Timelords? I never replaced most of my old stuff from Cassette to CD, but I still listen to tapes on road trips. It asses me up when I lose stuff and I am far too lazy to get my a record store nowadays. If I won the lottery I could spend a LOT of money in one whack at an indie record store.

Chuck

Don't forget Robert Earl Keen

I thought I'd be the only person here who had heard of Robert Earl...He's an Aggie, you know? His house was a block or so behind where the Dixie Chicken today. :)

Blackalicious "Blazing Arrow"Best hip hop I've heard in years

Ben Harper "Fight for your mind"

MC900 foot jesus "welcome to my dream

Spearhead "home"

Chili Peppers "freaky Styley" when the Peps were truly funky

Fishbone "Truth and Soul" Fishbones best work

Yeah, too bad Cat Stevens quit recording. He'd have to have gone nuts, to give all that up, what a waste of talent! I must have almost everything he recorded.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

OMG! The Hard Trance channel is rightgeous!! this morning! Click in and take a listen guys and gals B|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I thought I'd be the only person here who had heard of Robert Earl...He's an Aggie, you know? His house was a block or so behind where the Dixie Chicken today.

I was beginning to wonder if Robert Earl was gonna be brought up.
Hey Dave, you should check out one of his proselytes named Rodney Hayden . . the kid is really good. He finally put out a CD called "the Real Thing". Check him out

James