half-a-greek

How much would you pay for...

A Relative Workshop Vector II, Type V5.5 - Main: 450-580/Reserve: 350-480 (pack volume); blue, RSL, excellent condition (less than 50 jumps). DOM: Sep 91.

I'm 5'9 and weigh around 190-200 I'm looking to get a 230sq ft, at the largest, canopy as my first canopy... thoughts? the container is one year younger than me... minimal jumps, but time in general has a way of wearing things down, regardless of use...

This size usually had a 7 cell non-zp canopy about 220 sq. ft. Maybe up to a 240. A 220 sq. ft ZP most likely won't fit. I have a 7 cell zp 190 sq. ft. main in a V-5 and it fits.

A 1991 container was not ready for an AAD. If you want a modern AAD and it HASN'T been made ready it will take a little work from a master rigger. It also very likely didn't have a Bottom Of Container BOC deployment. You will likely want this added.

This rig is not particularly good for freeflying. But well maintained ones WITH a BOC were/are often used for limited freeflying. Not the best idea.

This makes a good second rig for demos, instructing, etc. If you REALLY poor this can be a reasonable first rig to learn belly flying. But I'd suggest looking for a somewhat newer rig.

I currently have 2. One as my second belly rig and one as my CRW/BIG canopy rig (a V-8).

And I agree with 200 to 400 if it does what you want. Closet queens can be good buys as long as they meet the need.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE