skycat

Our Very Own Hero

Of course we are on for dinner, but did you mean April 15th :)

NOT April 15th.
The firms drinks breakfast on the 15th for a warm up and then breaks out the grill for lunch. We may head out of town after that.

Hehe...well ever since Derek's "people" started drinking with his guardian angel it's pretty much been mass chaos in the social life department. So I have no clue what is happening when anymore. :P
Fly it like you stole it!

I have seen Derek in action, and it does not surprise me at all! Right on Derek!:)

Derek is funny.

The story I half-assed told earlier was a jumper that just pummelled in with that wet-dirt, vertical high-velocity "WHUMP!" that only a toggle-death creates. I run over and me, Derek and LouDiamond take the appropriate positions. Each of us is very grateful that there's two other calm, experienced first responders there. There's pulse and breathing so we move on to looking for stuff sticking out. Derek has immobilized the guy's head and me and Loudiamond are trying to figure out what's busted. "You feel this deformation?" Lou asks. "Uh" I say. Amy vonNovak walks up behind Derek and asks "Need my help?" (Amy is an MD with a background in Orthopedics) Derek, thinking it's a well meaning spectator, tersely replies "NO!", then, glancing up and seeing it's Amy, says "Yes! Please!".

At about that moment I grabbed ahold of the deformation that Lou had identified and it hurt the guy like hell and he started thrashing around in a manner that convinced us all that Duderon did not have any spinal cord fracture.

"Don't need me here" says Dr. Amy.

"Can we get this guy out of the landing area" says the indefatigable Mr. Burke.

"Sure" we all say. And we heave his very lucky ass into a golf cart and subsequently off to the hospital.

And then we went skydiving in Arizona, where it's red and fun and Betsy is there.

Yesterday at the airport Derek works at a plane pancaked in and exploded with a huge fireball. He hauled ass out to the crash site and was the first on scene. He assumed the guy was dead until he saw him crawling out of the wreckage, immediately started heading into the fire to help pull the guy out.

Nice job, dude. I'll be looking for the full story next time I fly into BJC and run into you there.

Mike