skymama

Do you know your blood type?

Another O- here.....they always make me bleed into the little 4-packs for the little ones.

lest someone think I was being an asshole.

Why yes...I did ! How did you know ? :P

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

I am B+.

Found out when I was 15 and having major surgery....donated blood beforehand to get back during surgery. I had to do this through the Red Cross....so i got a donor card....B+.

I try to donate everytime we have a drive at school, although we had one today and I am too sick to donate right now.

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

I joined the gallon club donating AB+ before they wouldn't take my blood anymore. Apparently having sex with a member of the same sex since 1979 is enough for the Red Cross to refuse the blood they were happy (and quite grateful) to take before.

It's kind of sad considering only 3.2% of people are AB+ and there are very few donors out there...

-=Raistlin
find / -name jumpers -print; cat jumpers $USER > manifest; cd /dev/airplane; more altitude; make jump; cd /pub; more beer;

I am so stupid, or so naive...when my son was born they told us his blood type was O+ and I was like how cool is that, he has the same blood type as his dad and me. Then I learned that the kid has to have the same blood type as the parents so when my daughter was born and they told us her blood type I was like yeah obviously since her dad and I have that same blood type. :).

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

I am so stupid, or so naive...when my son was born they told us his blood type was O+ and I was like how cool is that, he has the same blood type as his dad and me. Then I learned that the kid has to have the same blood type as the parents so when my daughter was born and they told us her blood type I was like yeah obviously since her dad and I have that same blood type. :).

That would certainly explain mine and my sister's A neg blood type. :$:D
~skysprite

I've known mine since I was a little bitty kid....A neg with a negative RH factor......very few people actually know their RH factor but it save loads of time if you need blood in an emergency situation. This RH factor is the most important if the mother is Negative and father is Positive....this is what can cause the baby to die but if known then the baby has a great chance of survival. Good thing my parents were both negative people....lol

O+ here. . .But they don't want my blood anymore. Ever since I had my gastric bypass, my hemoglobin is too low to donate. . .sux. I used to give 4 x per year. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

You blood type has several parts. The A,B,O part is a double (i.e. AO, AA, AB, etc. A and B are equally dominant so if you are AB one parent gave you an A, the other B. O is recessive. If you are O then you have no A or B. You could however have parent who are not O. A parent with A could be AO. The other parent could be BO. You could inheret to O from both becoming O. If you parents are both O they have no A or B, so if both parents are O and you are A or B, somebody has some splainin' to do.