ElyJs

Vector Thickness vs width

I will be picking up a new vector 3. I am curious on thoughts concerning getting a wider vs thicker container. For example v350 vs v352. One is 10 and 12 inches wide and 5.5 thick and the other is 12 and 14 and 4.25. I am a bigger guy 6'3 with plenty of real estate on my back. What considerations are important concerning these measurements. I am a long ways off from getting a wingsuit, but could def see it in my future so was leaning towards the lower profile.

My first vector 3 was a V348m. Great container. It was sized for a 170zp and 160 reserve. I weigh around 170-180. This is where wingload should be at least considered. A V350 or V352 would both more than likely put you on the "conservative side" (as far as wingload goes). This is assuming that you're not 265 pounds without gear or something. I've jumped various sizes of containers. I'll be receiving my new Micron 304 within a week. A 350 range container won't visually look strange on you (given your physical size). I'm only 5'6 and the V348m wasn't huge looking. I will say that smaller rigs are more comfortable to me but the difference between those two containers probably wan't be extremely significant given the UPT measurements.

Matt

I already have a spectre 190 that I got a good deal on, so now I just need to pick up a container and reserve. I think the v350/v352 will work because in a few years I may decide to move down to a 170. They are sized for the same canopies only difference is the dimensions was is skinnier in the width and thicker the other is wider in the width and flatter in profile. That the real size issue I have.