bendover

did I get a bad Mirage??

I have heard nothing but good so I ordered my G4 got it today and the leg straps and chest strap which is "black" Looks like some old material they have been kicking around the floor for a few weeks. It almost looks grey, in fact my 11 year old Javelin has better looking straps. Was this a fluke that made it out or is this to be expected? Other than that it is beautiful and comfy but for the price I paid I would think it would be better. Input appreciated as I dont have one to compare for a few weeks.

Thanks

Ben

If I have to guess,I would say it's a wax coated webbing.Less slippery through the SS hardware.But you should talk to them.Give them a call and ask.

Blue skies
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

I have heard nothing but good so I ordered my G4 got it today and the leg straps and chest strap which is "black" Looks like some old material they have been kicking around the floor for a few weeks. It almost looks grey, in fact my 11 year old Javelin has better looking straps. Was this a fluke that made it out or is this to be expected? Other than that it is beautiful and comfy but for the price I paid I would think it would be better. Input appreciated as I dont have one to compare for a few weeks.

Thanks

Ben

Times are hard so they're recycling webbing from old military gear.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Thanks

Ben

Mirage Systems had some beautiful rigs on site at the PIA 2009 show this week. Most of their team spent the week in Reno, NV so I wouldn't be surprised if it took a little longer than usual to get your question answered by them this week.

Can you show us what you're looking at?

Hello All,
I don't usually spend my time on the forums so I don't get to see the posts by users about our containers but again I stress, if you have a question about your gear contact the manufacturer, not dropzone.com

With that said, the "scuffing" you see on the webbing is from a resin coating that the manufacturer puts on it. It is used to stiffen the webbing and is an industry standard. From time to time they are a little heavy on the resin and when the rig is new it will show scuffs more noticeably. This will go away in a short time as the resin is worn off and the webbing will look normal again. You can also rub the scuff marks with your thumb until they disappear.

I hope this answers your questions and if you are unhappy with the result please contact us at the manufacturer, NOT DROPZONE.COM You're questions normally fall on undereducated, deaf ears here as we don't live on these forums because we have rigs to build.

Blues
Ward

I'm sorry, in my haste to get off the forums I left out a key reason as to why the webbing is R treated with polyvinylbuterol. MIL-SPEC 27265 requires additional abrasion resistance for the webbing to comply and the coating provides the additional abrasion resistance needed.

Don't quote me on this but I believe that all manufacturers either use Polyvinylbuterol, Solucoat, or Spraylat coating on their webbing for this reason. We use the Polyvinylbuterol.

If you have any questions please feel free to email me at [email protected]. Please don't message me or PM me on here as I rarely check mail or messages on here.

Blues
Ward