GixxxerKim

How To Get Out Of Pain

After a hard opening, hard landing, or just chronic pain that you think you have to 'live' with. Its just not true.

Having spent over a decade in the skydiving industry, I have seen my fair share of disc herniations, twisted ankles, and busted femurs. For the most part, the small injuries can be avoided when your body is working %100, and aligned efficiently.

But even when you femur, dislocate, or burst something, you begin the pattern of compensation which not only inhibits your healing, but sets you up to get the same injury again.

You twist your ankles consistently upon landing. You blame a spot in the landing area, or a down draft for your injury. Sound like you? What if I told you that its not the uneven ground, but your ability to properly load your joints that causes your repetitive injuries.

Take a look at my video and see how you can help yourself. I believe we ALL have the ability to get out of pain, and avoid excessive trips to the hospital. And you can do it on your own!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCNqx44Svmo

GixxxerKim

After a hard opening, hard landing, or just chronic pain that you think you have to 'live' with. Its just not true.

Having spent over a decade in the skydiving industry, I have seen my fair share of disc herniations, twisted ankles, and busted femurs. For the most part, the small injuries can be avoided when your body is working %100, and aligned efficiently.

But even when you femur, dislocate, or burst something, you begin the pattern of compensation which not only inhibits your healing, but sets you up to get the same injury again.

You twist your ankles consistently upon landing. You blame a spot in the landing area, or a down draft for your injury. Sound like you? What if I told you that its not the uneven ground, but your ability to properly load your joints that causes your repetitive injuries.

Take a look at my video and see how you can help yourself. I believe we ALL have the ability to get out of pain, and avoid excessive trips to the hospital. And you can do it on your own!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCNqx44Svmo

Ya just have to grin, and bear it. You're obviously more busted up than anyone I know. If you can't stand the pain, there is no gain. Just don't jump no more. Either that or get addicted to Absorbine Jr, Ben-Gay or what ever. Plz, no jokes about the Ben-Gay, K?
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Drugs are a distraction from the true healing process, which involves healing broken bones, ligaments, tendons and strengthening torn muscles.
The OP was mostly a sales pitch, but there was one key word: "..... escue?"
Did that word sink into anyone's short-term memory?

Not trying to sell, just trying to help. I made that video myself and I'm on Long Island.

For those of you who know me and have been helped by some of these moves, you know I'm not selling anything. . . Rather informing everyone on how to get THEMSELVES out of dysfunction and pain.

I wish you all the best. :)

Hi,

It has been a few years since I taught at Skydive Long Island ... and I am unlikely to back for a few years yet ... meanwhile I am still struggling to recover from a plane crash 6 years ago.
"The Back Pain Book" helped a lot and friends are complimenting me on walking straight a mere 6 months after knee surgery, but I still need more coaching on posture and I am waiting for the surgeon to phone to schedule a second round of knee surgery.

What was the secret word in your video????
Limping skydivers want to know.

riggerrob

Egoscue

(from Wikipedia, translated for German for some reason so pardon the translation)

As a doctor I'm not saying it doesn't work (the article is a little pointed) only if you were curious where it came from. I'm all for alternative medicine (I sent a lot of patients for massage, acupuncture, physical therapy, yoga, etc)

Pete Egoscue ([i: 'goskju:]) (* 1945 ) is an American author and provider of health services. At its franchising system, which from its headquarters in San Diego is managed from, 25 institutions in the US, Mexico, and Japan are currently connected. The Egoscue Method is an attitude therapy through movement exercises the function of the musculoskeletal system is designed to improve and restore. This is an improvement in posture cause. The exercises come from different areas, such as the yoga , the grassroots or were developed.

Egoscue has no medical training. By his own report, he suffered an injury in the early 1970s. In the rehabilitation he worked intensively with "the human body and its anatomical, physiological, kinesiological and biomechanical principles". [1] With self selected exercises he had greatly accelerated his healing process. In the aftermath Egoscue turned his knowledge first to the friends and family. Due to its success, "he has been working since 1978 full-time" [2] with his method.

The method has become known in the US, although there are no scientific studies or even proof of efficacy. In various journals such as in Sports Illustrated to find items [3] [4] on the methodology.
You are not the contents of your wallet.

Drugs are a distraction from the true healing process, which involves healing broken bones, ligaments, tendons and strengthening torn muscles

WOW! Why was this in a response to my posts?? Do you consider Absorbine Jr. & Ben-Gay as DRUGS? I've never supported drug use, ever.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

I apologize.

Sorry if I was a bit harsh in my earlier posts.
Granted your post sounded like a long-winded sales pitch.

I looked up egoscue on www.youtube.www and found that it is similar to a series of yoga and pilates and physio-therpay exercises that I have been doing for years to keep my herniated spinal discs, dislocated shoulder and knee problems within reason.

These sorts of exercises are like self-chiropractic in that they help pull the bones back into correct alignment. Better alignment improves function and minimizes pain (e.g. sciatica).
When I slack off on those exercises, my left leg cramps up, my lower spine hurts, etc.

Bottom line: stretch or die!

dorbie

The thing about alternative medicine is if it works and is reproducible in quality double blind experiments then it becomes REAL medicine.
:P

Absolutely!
I still prescribe acupuncture, massage, yoga, meditation, vegan diet, and a variety of other adjuncts. I'm a "medicine minimalist" when I can be. There is a time and place for meds, but that is after exhaustion of non-drug things that work.
You are not the contents of your wallet.