dtpilot

photographers overcharging

I am sure I have more air to air confrontations than you.

hehe....... haha..... HA... HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

ok... whew! Sorry.

Why are you laughing? Didn't you know that flying an airplane is exactly the same as flying a canopy?! :o;):ph34r:

_Pm :D:D:D
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

Why are you laughing? Didn't you know that flying an airplane is exactly the same as flying a canopy?! :o;):ph34r:

As both a pilot and skydiver I would like to concur. These two modes of flying both share bernoulli's theorem so the training and skills are identical.

With the slight exception that airplanes have power to add. Oh, and airplane wings are rigid. And don't forget that the size and weights are slightly different. Oops. I almost didn't mention the speeds. Then there's the stall/spin characteristics. And how could I forget the controls? There's also the landing gear, but that shouldn't overshadow the complete absence of a rudder, elevators, and ailerons on a parachute or the drag-inducing pilot chute on an airplane.

Aside from those minor details, I can safely say that both airplanes and parachutes (and hot air balloons and rocketships) carry human beings above the solid ground so the experiences are completely interchangeable.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

:o I think I just soiled myself! - I know a Butcher that wants to try his hand at Operating, It's kinda like the same thing. Cutting is cutting, flying is flying- and sitting in a boat is swimming:S OK when I go tangental like this I know my meds are low. Going to look for a DYE-SUB printer so everyone will be happy. Can I get that with fries!----OH CAN"T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!

alright...

there are some differences. If I want to dive and turn away from another aircraft I pull the power back and turn the controls...both rudder and aileron which create some drag just like a parachute but also create more lift opposite the the way the controls went. And not to forget the other aircraft is flying fast and after you. Fun times. you should try it youself. Safe and fun. Just recomend some extra altitude.

Overall they do use the some of the same flight characteristics. Who cares ares anyways. We were plenty clear and I new he was a competent pilot. We had fun in the air and it was safer than many of the other skydive activities.

OK lets move on. Both of us landed safely and had fun in the air...

"Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!"
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

OH CAN"T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!

Ok lets get along... FRIENDS

Lets jump and have fun. See you this weekend, BLUE SKIES

"Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!"
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

Just so you understand, the sarcasm is more than just good fun.

You need to clearly understand that your pilot training means next to nothing when it comes to parachutes. Unfortunate, but true.

I think people are jumping on that comment because you seem to have an air of confidence that approaches arogance. Strangely, I say this with the utmost respect.

We all have tons to learn, and in this sport, the minute we think we've got it all figured out we end up smacking into the planet at high speed - ending with titanium inserts (or worse).

Try and keep in mind that even the people with thousands of skydives still consider themselves students, and they never stop learning. That makes you an infant in the grand scheme of things... Even though you think you know tons, it's still just a trickle in the river of knowledge that will keep you alive.

Don't ever stop listening and learning.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

there are some differences. If I want to dive and turn away from another aircraft I pull the power back and turn the controls...both rudder and aileron which create some drag just like a parachute but also create more lift opposite the the way the controls went. And not to forget the other aircraft is flying fast and after you. Fun times. you should try it youself. Safe and fun. Just recomend some extra altitude.

Did you have that extra altitude while under canopy last weekend?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I really dont care what you payed for your equipment. That is your own business and you should go around telling the world just to make your point. Be more professional!

you hit the nail on the head. That is his BUSINESS! He doesn't have to justify his prices to you--the fact that he tried to explain it to you even when you balked on the deal, IMHO, MAKES him that much more professional.

Enjoyed flying with you but that wasnt crew. We were less than 100 feet away. I personally have no interested in crew and will most likely never try. Little to dangerous for me.

What exactly does the letter "R" mean to you in the following Acronym: CRW???

As far as my knowledge of my gear, I never said I was unfamiliar with my gear. I am very confortable. I know how it turns and I am sure I have more air to air confrontations than you. Ive been flying for about 3 years doing my share of group flying and mini dog fights. I understand the physics of flight and how to determine distance from another flyer.

Don't you head up the Oaklahoma chapter of the "Future Skygods of America" club?
pull your head out dude.

Enough with the personal attacks...

not quite...you're a petty DICK. Pay for the photo or quit whining about it.
(now maybe this thread can get a lock).

If you think you are out there just to shot photos for others and not for yourself, reevaluate.

see above comment about you being a DICK.

mh

With so little time in the sport, maybe you haven't noticed this but OVERCONFIDENCE KILLS. And the thing is, sometimes it kills other people who are just minding their own business. Sadly, I've seen it more than once. Instead of shooting your mouth off and telling us all how skilled you are, maybe, just maybe you should listen!

Thank you for making that point. I don't care what you have seen in your time in aviation. In the five plus years I've been active, I have lost friends to planes crashes, bad landings and canopy wraps. Death will take the first one who makes a fatal error. WE ALL hope you see that the big S (knowledge of aviation)on your chest doesn't make you bulletproof. If you want to take yourself out of the game, THAT'S YOUR LOSS, but you don't have the right to take anyone with you.- ---The BSR's are not just a good idea but how we all end up attending less funerals***TO ALL THOSE WE HAVE LOST, GOD BLESS***

Try and keep in mind that even the people with thousands of skydives still consider themselves students, and they never stop learning. That makes you an infant in the grand scheme of things... Even though you think you know tons, it's still just a trickle in the river of knowledge that will keep you alive.

In all cases we are all students. If you figure it all out there is something else to learn. No one will know everything about anything so we are all students. Canopy flying is similar to aircraft. I will look more into it to prove the details but the canopy does use an airfoil. Canopies stall just like wings and so on. I didnt ever say that I was an experienced canopy pilot but only wanted to point out that I knew my distance and how my canopy dives. I knew I could clear him without stealing air or causing turbulance for him. That is all I was saying. No more.

There is no arogance involved. Thats the last thing I want people to think. Thanks for your comments AndyMan.

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

Did you have that extra altitude while under canopy last weekend?

I perform aerobatics between 3000 and 5000 depending on what im doing. The aircraft sometime reaches extreme speeds so you need the room. As far as I know I was high enough for a cutaway but like you all have pointed out. Im a pup in the sport.

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

Instead of shooting your mouth off and telling us all how skilled you are, maybe, just maybe you should listen!

I didnt say how skilled I was. Just wanted to point out that I was competent. It was all based off David's personal attack on canopy flying with me. If he felt unsafe then why did he come near me under canopy?

Answer that one.

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

As far as I know I was high enough for a cutaway

You said "I" you never even thought about the guy you were flying around. What if you had got entangled with him and you were able to cutaway and he wasn't?

I'm so close to a personal attack at this moment I think I'll just hit enter.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Man you attacked me and I defended. Im not bullet proof and I know my limits. Im still learning and its nice to know what Im doing wrong but for someone to say nice flying and then later on a Dropzone.com thread about you, the story is changed and you thought your life was endangered.

Your comments at the DZ made me feal good. That I was accomplishing something. You only quit talking to me when you found out how many jumps I had. There was never any mention of safety until your post. If there is an issue of safety please let me know after the jump next time so we can evaluate it and I can learn so me dont ever have to join the LOST!

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

You said "I" you never even thought about the guy you were flying around. What if you had got entangled with him and you were able to cutaway and he wasn't?

Ok I did say "I" he obviously didnt think there was any danger after the jump because he didnt say anything about it.

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

Just my humble opinion...but now that we have heard both sides and know that there are many details that have been left out...I think the only two people involved in this dispute should work it out amongst themselves...instead of hashing it out online...:)
I hope everyone has a nice day!B|

~R+R:)...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

In all cases we are all students. If you figure it all out there is something else to learn. No one will know everything about anything so we are all students. Canopy flying is similar to aircraft. I will look more into it to prove the details but the canopy does use an airfoil. Canopies stall just like wings and so on. I didnt ever say that I was an experienced canopy pilot but only wanted to point out that I knew my distance and how my canopy dives. I knew I could clear him without stealing air or causing turbulance for him. That is all I was saying. No more.

There is no arogance involved. Thats the last thing I want people to think. Thanks for your comments AndyMan.

AndyMan and I have an extra copy of The Parachute and its Pilot. Would you like to borrow it? :)
_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

Thanks for you input... I just requested the thread be locked and closed. I will chat with david. Thank you all for the input and knowledge. Ive learn and he has learned some. Please let the go behind us and move on.

Thanks again,

dtpilot

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

********** NOTICE TO ALL **********
This started with dtpilot and should end with me. I feel there are a number of issues that need to be considered.
1--dtpilot started this by MISSTATING FACTS that impuned my name, and cast a shadow on my DZ. I was reasonable in my pricing and professional in my behavior.
2--dtpilot then re-posted a number of remarks that were not only inaccurate but WRONG.
3--dtpilot has further demonstrated through his continued attitude and justification of a lie, that as a studend, he may not be ready to graduate to the next level
4--dtpilot performs at 3k-5k --SO DO I !!!!!!!!!!:o
5--dtpilot was commended by me for keeping his head under canopy but, I also told him that this would not be happening again! >:(
6--answer the following dtpilot-WARNING there will be a POP QUIZ at the DZ--What canopy do I fly? Is it a 7 or 9 cell, airlocked, crossbraced, what? What is my wing-loading and do our canopies have similar decent rates in full flight.
7--Was I flying in breaks, rear risers, warping my canopy?
8--How close was I to stalling my VX above you? OPPS gave one of the answers away!:ph34r:
9--Im a professional, If I came over to you screaming and yelling then that would be UNPROFESSIONAL. we did talk DIDN'T WE?
10-DO NOT take this as an attack, rather see it for what it really is. Another lesson in life. We all learned something about canopy work, picture prices, personal policies and attitudes. I was shocked to find out I wasn't perfect, guess I shouldn't listen to the man in the mirror:D
Let's lock this yarn and B| SMILE for the birdy!
Good Luck and GOD BLESS
PEACE and Blue Skies--David Smithers D-23980

I just requested the thread be locked and closed.

Makes you think before you hit that Make Post key;)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

********** NOTICE TO ALL **********
This started with dtpilot and should end with me. I feel there are a number of issues that need to be considered.

How old are you 10:S:S:S:D:D:D
Push me shove you:P:P:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?