rocketdog

movies that BLEW CHUNKS!

Here are some movies I was basically forced to watch that made me feel like burning down the theater.

"Bring it on"

Damnit, the rest of the movies just slipped my mind, I guess I'm tired.[:/]
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Bring it on

dude, it has hot chicks in it, it's an okay movie i swear!!!!!

a movie that i think was a waste of my tme was a movie called "house of spirits" and "beloved" or at least i think that was the right name for the movies.

a movie that i think was a waste of my tme was a movie called "house of spirits" and "beloved"

?! .... maybe i'm too young to remember, but what were those about? OBVIOUSLY, not that great since i have no recollection :P

~hollywood

see the world! http://gorocketdog.blogspot.com

Some go without saying. For instance, the worst movie I can recall from recent memory is House of the Dead. There are plenty of bad movies out there, but I quickly forget most of them. House of the Dead has stuck with me for a few months because the director's commentary was so hilarious--"We were going to put a lot of character development here, but we ran out of money." "We were running out of time, so we decided to just have her find this ancient book that kind of explains to the audience what's going on."

What about movies that everybody else loved that you thought were total garbage?

I hated the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I thought the filmmakers stretched a relatively thin plot (destroying the ring) over three absurdly long films and tried to sustain these three static epics with vague hints at character development that were only fully recognizable by people who had read the books.

I also thought the recently acclaimed Hero starring Jet Li was a deplorable attempt at filmmaking, using voice over narration to tell the story over a series of drawn-out, loosely tied together fight scenes.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

?! .... maybe i'm too young to remember, but what were those about? OBVIOUSLY, not that great since i have no recollection

your not so much younger than i am.... they were mid nighties movies...... lets see if we can find a discription for ya......

beloved 1998
www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0788815474/qid=1106035614/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/002-0804691-2896801?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

and

house of spirits 1994
www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005QCVW/qid=1106035777/sr=8-2/ref=pd_csp_2/002-0804691-2896801?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

looking back on it, house of spirits, i might have to give a go at again since i don't think i fully understood the the story wheni forst saw it.... and it's been 10 years..........(wellmaybe 9 since i saw it on video and not in the theatre)

I hated the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I thought the filmmakers stretched a relatively thin plot (destroying the ring) over three absurdly long films and tried to sustain these three static epics with vague hints at character development that were only fully recognizable by people who had read the books.

I never read the books and I understood everything that went on in the movies.

And if you want to break down the trilogy into a single plot then ya "destroying the ring" will do. but then i can take your fav movie and argue that it sucks ass b/c the plot is simple and thin.

the films were long b/c the story was so detailed and huge and to do anything less would insult Tolkien.

vague character develoment?!?! we watch Frodo go from a fun loving hobbit with the strength to not give into the ring into something of an addict who ultimately gives in and lets the ring take him!
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Eyes Wide Shut! I know Kubrick didn't die a natural death. Someone with money invested in that pile of crap must have killed him - hell I had $14 invested and I wanted to...........
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

"About Schmidt" had to be the worst ever.

I can't believe Jack Nicholson didn't wipe with, and flush that script.

To top the whole plotless abortion off - Kathy Bates shows her horrible, nasty old boobies.

Burp. :S

----------------=8^)----------------------
"I think that was the wrong tennis court."

"About Schmidt" had to be the worst ever.

I can't believe Jack Nicholson didn't wipe with, and flush that script.

To top the whole plotless abortion off - Kathy Bates shows her horrible, nasty old boobies.

Burp. :S

another one starring jack, 'mars attacks'. had a great cast, but the movie just so sucked! did they all lose a bet or something? did they try to shoot the whole movie in a day? you would think with the following people in one movie, it wouldn't suck:

Jack Nicholson
Glenn Close
Annette Bening
Pierce Brosnan
Danny DeVito
Martin Short
Sarah Jessica Parker
Michael J. Fox
Rod Steiger
Tom Jones
Natalie Portman
Pam Grier
Jack Black
Christina Applegate
Joe Don Baker
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

I think Mars Attacks is one of the funniest movies i've ever seen! I hated it the first time i saw it, then someone pointed out that it's a complete spoof and i watched it again with that in mind and now i love it.

The same goes for Eight Legged Freaks, i wouldn't give it the time of day until a friend pointed out that like Mars Attacks it spoofs all of those bad horror movies from the 70's.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

"Mars Attacks" was funny, because it didn't take itself seriously. Once, and because it completely cracked my usually serious sister-in-law up completely. The running commentary was priceless.

"Battlefield Earth" was probably the worst movie I ever saw. It did take itself seriously. My ride wanted to watch the whole thing or I'd've left. I probably could have walked home in the time it took me to watch the rest of it, and gotten some exercise to boot.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)