linny

point breek

watching Point Break while drun k is fun. if Bodhi was a real skydiver he definitely would NOT be flying ion his belly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

too bad you c an't comun=icate like tha tin free fall really like thdy do!

It definetly looked like it was Patrick skydiving and it looked like he had been doing it for a while. It is funny that they shout across to each other lol. Also, count the time it takes them to open. DAMN....They jump from the MOON or something:D. Oh yeah, and Reeves does an amazing job of keeping stable lol.

Poetic license at the end of the day and it is an awsesome film.

If Patrick Swayze is "an accomplished skydiver" then I stand a good chance of being elected as the next Pope.

t

Isn't a USPA A licence holder already an accomplished skydiver ??

Don't know if he has an A, but he is certainly out of AFF...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I guess you have a point, but somewhere relativity creeps in.

Here I am, a retired Tandem Instructor with 750 Tandems, 750 CRW dives, 1700 AFF's, a BMI, done demo's into 60 000 seat stadiums, 100's of camera dives, stunt work for ads, multiple medals from nationals, been to the world meet, 3000+ swoops, a couple of biggish (40 way plus) sequencial dives having jumped all over the world and currently doing 400+ dives a year, weekends only - and I seriously doubt I would refer to myself as "accomplished."

I have so much to learn, and being in my 40's means I have less time to do it that someone in their 20's. I'm racing the clock on every dive I do, on every day at the DZ in the hope that one day I'll be "acomplished."

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I guess you have a point, but somewhere relativity creeps in.
I have so much to learn, and being in my 40's means I have less time to do it that someone in their 20's. I'm racing the clock on every dive I do, on every day at the DZ in the hope that one day I'll be "acomplished."

that's the skydiver/whuffo relativity ...

Ever heard from people "WAW you sure are experienced" when you have 40 jumps...

It seems to me the more I learn, the less I know.. Or to be more precise, the more I learn, the more I find out there is I need and want to learn...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Apparently Patrick Swayze really was doing the Skydives in the film, thats why it looks like him so much :)Because Keano Reeves was so much younger at the time the film company couldn't afford the insurance for him to also do the training and jumps.

Nigel
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

I have no doubt he did a few dives and was skydiving in the movie. The debate is what makes you "An accomplished skydiver." For a whuffo, may be 5 - 10 dives. For me, maybe a little more.

If a skydiver were to apply for a job at my DZ and present himself as "accomplished" I'd want to see a little more than what Patrick has to offer.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

If Patrick Swayze is "an accomplished skydiver" then I stand a good chance of being elected as the next Pope.

t

Anybody that thinks that Swayze did all the jumps in Point Break might want to go look up a guy by the name of Jake Lombard and ask him who really did most of those jumps.

bozo

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

watching Point Break while drun k is fun. if Bodhi was a real skydiver he definitely would NOT be flying ion his belly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posting drunk, are we?:)BTW, how is the knee?

hahahaha..... i just read all my post from last night. how fucking ridiculous! my knee's fine... will be back in a week and a half. thanks for askin. Which Ted are ya?

BTW... there's pictures of my boyfriend Patrick Swayze in the Bombshelter. The comment about Jim Wallace doesn't seem too far off, although I don't know specifics.

hahahaha..... i just read all my post from last night. how fucking ridiculous! my knee's fine... will be back in a week and a half. thanks for askin. Which Ted are ya?

BTW... there's pictures of my boyfriend Patrick Swayze in the Bombshelter. The comment about Jim Wallace doesn't seem too far off, although I don't know specifics.

I am the tall, good looking one, haha:P
Remember the guy you kept smacking in the head in the otter? Thats me.
I landed just ahead of you on that last load sunday and just after your friend(can't remember his name, but a gust almost dropped me on top of him)

Ask Jim the next time you see him...He has Swayze in his list of famous students.