flyingferret

Driving In Dallas

Meh/ most of that mess stays contained north of town. Although Quiet Riot is playing in downtown Ft. worth for free as a result B|
A coworker said hotels as far north as Gainesville are all booked.

Amazingly, with the access road setup and the cops up there, the traffic is much better than it could be on race day.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

They're almost as bad as Plano's motorcycle cops sitting in the shadows next to the center barrier. [:/]

Dude I've only been pulled over once in Plano..$225 ticket for going 33 mph. Damn School ZONES!! Day of the daylight savings change, and those bastards line up to the one schoolzone that doesn't have flashing lights. They don't have lights on purpose, cause that short stretch generates millions for the PD every week.

I'll bring a cooler with refreshing beverages.

Question.. I'm showing up at 7:30.. then go through ground school.. what time do you think I might go up?

fuck I can't wait... gonna be hard to sleep. I'm gonna get up at 5AM to go play hockey in the morning so hopefully I'll be wiped out enough to go to bed early tomorrow night.

1) Free
2) Other peoples
3) Cheap
4) Everything else :D

Should I grab some mixers?

Sure. ;)

I'll be bringing:
Bottle of Vodka (either Skyy or Sminoff, depending on what I have left)
Bottle of Makers Mark Bourbon
Some Shiner
Some Corona
Maybe a bottle of rum too, dunno if I have any left...:S:)
You gonna be out there tomorrow night?

...is awful!
driving in dallas is awful.
i was thinkiiiing about relocating last year, but after a few interviews -- i quit looking... i35.. no, the entire downtown area is unbearable all day long. houston traffic doesn't come close (or maybe i just know my outs..){/rant}
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

NYC is'nt that bad once you learn how to drive it. Having a GF that lives there helps the learning curve a bit.

Bring beer to SDD. I'll be there this weekend B|

Driving in NYC is freakin' easy, as long as it's Manhattan. Brooklyn is a bit tricky (I had SO much trouble finding a furniture store last month it was unreal).

Center City Philadelphia is much more difficult to drive around in than Manhattan... the streets are very narrow and you got just as many Jersey drivers roaming around the area like lost cattle. B|B|

I was only there a week, and I walked the whole island. It was fun that way, got to go slow and see everything. I saw some riders...I think if it was behind riding and driving I would ride.......on a BMW crossover with some body armor :)

Oh, and Heidi...worse than Houston? NO WAY! I travel to houston on business regularly...dear and holy crap. Beltway is the best and it still sucks. I have spend so many minutes staring at the section of 45 between the woodlands and 8....ugggg. At least Dallas has DART rail if you live anywhere north.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.