flyboy62000

Going to fly airplanes for the Air Force

I have some good news I just can't resist posting. I just found out today that I've been accepted to USAF Officer's Training School and then Undergraduate Pilot Training. It'll be nice to get back to flying airplanes after two years with very little flying since I've been stationed in Germany, on the ground.

I wasn't expecting to find out whether or not I had been accepted until June so it came as a huge surprise tonight. But apparently they decided to put my application up to an earlier board for some reason. Plus, one of my supervisors called and made me think that the whole facility had to come in because one of us...didn't say who...was in serious trouble and everyone had to talk to the Commander. He came out and started talking to everyone about that something had happened and we all needed to think about it, yada, yada...then he pulled out a pair of 2nd Lt. bars and said I was going to OTS. Also, since it was closing time for our facility my Flight Commander produced a bottle of champagne for us to toast with. It was really great! I can't wait to find out when I'm going.
Blue Skies,
Adam
I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . . — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Major kudos dude. Days like this don't come along often - right up there with first child, marriage and so on. Congrats and kick ass in OTS!

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

Wow, that rocks!

Congratulations, Lieutenant!

B|

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I want to fly fighters, but really I'm not picky. In the civilian world I like hauling jumpers in a Casa or an Otter almost as much as I like flinging myself around in a Pitts. I just like to fly. If I don't get fighters I'll probably try and fly the C-21 (Learjet 35). We have them here at Ramstein, they do DV airlift, medevac, and other suppport missions along with the Gulfstream 3,4,5, and the DC-9. The life of a fighter pilot and a cargo driver are a little different, but both have their advantages and disadvantages so it really comes down to the flying for me. And...I just can't stop wanting to fly fighters, there's just something about it.
Blue Skies,
Adam
I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . . — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Phree,

I still have to get my flight physical and stuff before I'll get a class date. I'll let you know when I get one. I'm planning on coming home in August for a couple weeks by myself. I was originally planning on going to WFFC, but after thinking about it I may just hang around SGC, work on whatever rigging treeboy needs done, maybe shoot some video and stills, and see if I can schedule a practical with Gene to get my ticket, finally. I talked to Jim and Lee last night and they were happy to hear I'd been selected.
Blue Skies,
Adam

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so would you know your way around a 7lvl screwdriver??? have a calibrated elbow? have the magic t.o. thatturns into whatever you need it to be anytime?....lol........

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so would you know your way around a 7lvl screwdriver??? have a calibrated elbow? have the magic t.o. thatturns into whatever you need it to be anytime?....lol........

Wow......it's been awhile since I've heard that......

Congrats Adam, just remember to be kind to your crew chief!

Things have changed a bit since you left. :P Gene is part of Fayards crew and closest DPRE is Chicago or Bardstown. Jerry is applying for it but we'll see.

WFFC will be a blast, you know you want to come once at least ;)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Sweet, Congrats...

Now apply yourself and gt thru it all.. and in about a year and a half.. you get a FREE Camping Trip to Washington state...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not to worry SERE training is fun>:(

Well at least as an instructor I had lots of fun>:(

Not to worry SERE training is fun>:(

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!

LMAO :D

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

Go for the fighters!!! Hell yeah, thats what I'm working on. Well actually, what I'm really "working on" are heavies. Believe me, these damn things break every time they land! Have fun man.

the thing is, only the top 2 or three trainees get to fly fighters. they only give a few slots per class of new pilots
My photos

My Videos

Yeah, from what I've noticed from about the last ten classes to graduate that ran class websites is that it really depends on the luck of the draw. Some classes get a drop that is really loaded with fighter slots while some get one that is really heavy oriented. It just depends. The common thread is that one must really excel through phase I and II to get into the T-38. From there you either will go fighter or bomber, but it just depends on the assignment drop that the class gets. One other common thing I see is that the number one and often the number two person in the class get FAIP'd and get to stay on at the school as an instructor pilot because they impress their training squadron so much. So as many pilots have told me, it's best to be on top in Phase I and II and then most of the way to the top in phase III to get a fighter assignment. Although, I really would not mind staying on as an instructor in the T-38 if I do that well. You don't really learn to fly until you start teaching it to others.
Blue Skies,
Adam

Look Ryan up. He's got 8 guys at WP that are still waiting on their slots to Flight school and have been there for a few months already. Try and get more info on the schedule for slots, last Ryan heard was they were way deep into a waiting list already.

Stsve is'nt a DPRE anymore I guess.

I've got the experience to fly either type so I'm sure you'll do well. Just if you get thhe chance... go for the A-10. Nothing like being low and fast and armed to the teeth ;)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com