Yites

Military discount?

Anyone here ever purchased a complete rig using a military discount?

I'm wondering what vendors(s) and/or manufacturers are the easiest to deal with in regards to military customers. I'm currently out of the country for a bit and would like to start shopping or even buying so that I can jump my new rig when I get home this spring.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jump Shack offers military discounts on their complete systems or just the piece(s) you need. Call them to find out the exact % off as it may have changed .

Flight Concepts does complete rigs (Wings Conatainer) or Canopy Deals. Works out to around 45% off for a complete rig and 40% for a main/reserve combo.

Matt

Thanks!

I'm wondering what vendors(s) and/or manufacturers are the easiest to deal with in regards to military customers. I'm currently out of the country for a bit and would like to start shopping or even buying so that I can jump my new rig when I get home this spring.

30% off main/reserve canopies and container (base price) from Aerodyne
35% off container (base price) from Mirage
30% off container from Vector
40% off container from Wings
Fluctuating percentage off canopies from FCI

Mike
ChutingStar.com

Actually, Mirage may have changed it's percentage off since they just changed the base percentage off for all dealers...so it may be 30%. I'll have to ask on that Monday.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

If I could suggest deal with Chuting star is incredibly easy. Mike was able to help me out with everything that I wanted, I had more specifics than most first time buyers. I wanted PD and Voodoo V4 with Cypress and a few other things. He was able to get me discounts for the vendors, package everything up for me and allow me to pay over my last deployment - 5 months in OEF with no jumping : (

Mike is a pretty solid vendor, I am not taking away from anyone else here I just wanted to add that I had great dealings with him, Best of luck to you.

I hope that the skydiving business sees a good increase in sales this year. If everyone holds onto their money the recession only gets worse!

Adam
If you do things that don't make you appreciate life than why do them

Very old topic ... but I wanna ask something ... some manufacturers still offer a 30-40 % military discount.
They just wanna see a military ID.
Is that all what they need or do they check later if the person is really using the container/parachute or whatever !?

40 % is a lot!
Do you think it's possible that a friend places the order on his name, with his military ID?

How many times do we have to tell you that you really don't know yet, what you don't know?

40% sounds like a lot, admitedly. But it actually isn't. It's on the base price of a new container, not even including the options. So might safe you 4-500 bucks but only very few manufacturers even offer such discounts for US-soldiers. You might not even want to jump their products when you look at the broader picture/every manufacturer out there.
Instead of asking for help in a fraud your best bet to get a discount is searching on facebook for some boogie vouchers. There is not much choice, it might not be what you want but if you are in desperate need of saving a few bucks this might be your only hope.

Get your act together and start jumping, own gear is not important at your stage right now.
-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

GermanSKY

Very old topic ... but I wanna ask something ... some manufacturers still offer a 30-40 % military discount.
They just wanna see a military ID.
Is that all what they need or do they check later if the person is really using the container/parachute or whatever !?

40 % is a lot!
Do you think it's possible that a friend places the order on his name, with his military ID?

No, I wouldn't think they check. However, keep in mind, photocopying or scanning a military ID (at least for the U.S. Military) is illegal. Some manufactures know this and now ask customers to send them an email from their "official" email address.

Having your friend order something for you is YMMV. If s/he gets caught, they may get blacklisted by the manufacturer.

I see you're in Germany... so am I. If you have any questions, send me a PM. I jump locally and in Spain & Portugal regularly.
"Fail, fail again. Fail better."
-Samuel Beckett

GermanSKY

Thanks for your reply.
No, the way you describe it was not my intention!
My idea was the my friend places the order, on his name, with his address, but with my measurements.
Then he could even place the order using his email address ...

You could do that. Many manufacturers extend the discount for options and canopies.

For example: I bought a UPT rig with PDR and Icarus main, fully loaded with every option. The price was almost 40-45% below full cost.

If you have any gear to borrow, there is a boogie in Zweibrucken next month! Come jump!
"Fail, fail again. Fail better."
-Samuel Beckett