funks

I bet Sangiro is wondering this too....

How much do you think Dropzone.com is worth?

Knowing that bonfire alone has 1 million posts says alot for the site. Decent member base with regular posters must also add value to its worth. I dont know shit about a websites value but i know it does have something to do with traffic and according to alexa.com dz.com is the 47,000th most visited site on the internet. This is pretty decent considering alexas rankings go as high as 4million+....

what else needs to be considered when putting a value on it?

So, does anybody have any clue if sangiro was to sell the site what he could get for it????? What do you think?

please spare the "I cant put a price tag on its worth because we are one big happy family and i love this place blah blah blah" comments:P;)

Being the astute business person that he is, I seriously doubt that he wonders at all. He's pretty good at knowing...he is after all..."wickedly smart";):):P

That is exactly what I was thinking, Betsy. Why on earth would Willem wonder about that? It doesn't sound like him at all, if he were to be wondering about THAT. ;)

Plus, look at the number of people that have posted to this thread already that don't have stars;) Those with stars are helping Willem support the PW habits.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Not Directed at you funks:

I suspect HH knows full well the value of dz.com and any other dot coms he has out there. I suspect that he had a vision of dz.com being very different than some of the lame ass threads that wind up in Bonfire (I won't name any because that would be tantamount to a personal attack), and the hate mongering that goes on all over dz.com. I further suspect the more we waste his bandwidth with inane threads, trolls and infighting, the more likely he is to sell dz.com when the price is right.
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

Knowing that bonfire alone has 1 million posts says alot for the site. Decent member base with regular posters must also add value to its worth. I dont know shit about a websites value but i know it does have something to do with traffic and according to alexa.com dz.com is the 47,000th most visited site on the internet. This is pretty decent considering alexas rankings go as high as 4million+....

what else needs to be considered when putting a value on it?

So, does anybody have any clue if sangiro was to sell the site what he could get for it????? What do you think?

please spare the "I cant put a price tag on its worth because we are one big happy family and i love this place blah blah blah" comments:P;)

I suspect he knows. There are what? 30,000ish people signed up. If only one in twenty (5%) buys the premier package, that's around $150,000/year. If one out of thirty-three (3%) then his annual income would drop to a measley $100,000/yr ...with an all volunteer staff.

What the sale value would be, I have no idea.

More power to him. He started with little and has done a good job. I hope he continues to run a great skydiving site and make a lot of money doing it.

John

i very much doubt this site was ever / is about money....this sport has a small target audience...which would certainly reflect the site's fiscal value.

----------------------------------------------------
If the shit fits - wear it (blues brothers)--

There are what? 30,000ish people signed up. If only one in twenty (5%) buys the premier package, that's around $150,000/year. If one out of thirty-three (3%) then his annual income would drop to a measley $100,000/yr ...with an all volunteer staff.

What the sale value would be, I have no idea.

A common rule of thumb is to value a business at 8x-10x net operating income (revenue minus costs), less the value of any outstanding debt that the buyer becomes liable for.