Kid_Icarus

Does KFC Biomanufacture Chicken?

actually, most modern meat breeds have gotten to the point that their breasts are too large for normal breeding, and it has to be done by atifical insemination. :S i guess they have to come up with a breed that has a pecker long enough to get past the breasts.

(pecker, i kill me!)
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

>i heard they grow just "parts"

Now, see, that just makes no sense. Sure, you could grow a chicken breast fed with blood from an artificial heart, with artificial kidneys and IV nutrients. The system would cost hundreds of thousands. Or for about $1 you can get a chicken that comes with its very own heart, kidneys, nutrition system and lungs. It even comes with a reproductive system, handy for making more chickens.

It's one of those silly scare stories like the old "McDonald's uses worms in its hamburgers!" story. Worms cost more than low-quality beef; why on earth would McDonald's buy worms?

>i heard they grow just "parts"

Now, see, that just makes no sense. Sure, you could grow a chicken breast fed with blood from an artificial heart, with artificial kidneys and IV nutrients. The system would cost hundreds of thousands. Or for about $1 you can get a chicken that comes with its very own heart, kidneys, nutrition system and lungs. It even comes with a reproductive system, handy for making more chickens.

It's one of those silly scare stories like the old "McDonald's uses worms in its hamburgers!" story. Worms cost more than low-quality beef; why on earth would McDonald's buy worms?

Whenever somebody starts hitting me with the old "No, I swear it's true." about one of these issues, I find a simple "You, out of the gene pool!" suffices.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

actually, most modern meat breeds have gotten to the point that their breasts are too large for normal breeding, and it has to be done by atifical insemination. :S i guess they have to come up with a breed that has a pecker long enough to get past the breasts.

(pecker, i kill me!)

Well unless I am totally misremembering my poultry biology form high school(I used to judge in FAA), they'd first have to genetically engineer a penis onto a chicken. Birds like reptiles and amphibians have cloacas instead of a penis or vagina.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."