AggieDave

601 tandems! :)

Yup, as of Sunday I have done 601 tandems. Not bad at a 182 DZ and for being a TI for a bit under 2 years.

That made me happy, so I had to share.:)
If my current tandem tempo keeps up, I should have 1000 tandems by the end of the year.

I guess once you find what you really love doing in this sport, do it and do it a lot. You'll be happy. I know I am.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Congrats, Dave! I'm coming up on 800 in a little over three years, and I've gotta say, it's still a lot of fun. Glad you're enjoying them, keep it up.

Are there tandem pie rules? ;)
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

Are there tandem pie rules?

I don't know, so I'll keep an eye out when I reach 1000 so I can try to out run (yeah right) anyone with a pie.:D:D

I'm coming up on 800 in a little over three years, and I've gotta say, it's still a lot of fun.

Now that's a man that knows what I'm talking about! Congrats on getting close to 800. Each new student and every repeat student and the ones you do Cat A/B jumps with and pass on to AFF-I's...they're all special and each jump is different. Its just so much fun.

And out of 601 students he only got one fiance...Dennis would not approve, Dave.

Bwaahahahahaha!

Not that the chance hasn't been there more then a few times, something about being a professional and not taking advantage of situations comes into play.

In my defense, Morgan and I were dating before I took her on a tandem.:P

Maybe it'll work out that Curtis will be a tandem on a cool number...hey, maybe Morgan will go on another tandem with me for my 1000th...

Hey buddy!

Firstly congratulation on reaching 601 tandem - I am sure 1000 will be reached this year.

For the record I have always done more tandems at 182 dz's than the biggest turbine dz's... back to backs are way easier - personal best was 23 tandems in one day from a 182, and I did 94 in five days(18,19,23,16,18) - thanks to the dzo I got a well deserved day off! Not many turbine dz's can offer you that;)

Good on you mate!

Cheers
Egon

"Start doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you're doing the impossible!"

For the record I have always done more tandems at 182 dz's than the biggest turbine dz's... back to backs are way easier -

That's for sure!

personal best was 23 tandems in one day from a 182

Damn!

did 94 in five days(18,19,23,16,18)

DAMN!!!

thanks to the dzo I got a well deserved day off!

A well deserved day off, and a day off to spend some of that mad cash from a serious work week.B|

Egon,

Are you going to come back for AOTMB this year? Last time you were here I learned a LOT from asking questions and watching you do some tandems. I know you've got more you can teach me, much more.

wahooooo!!!!!!!! no, not bad at ALL!!! congrats dave B|
p.s. may i suggest more heidi jumpy vids and less tandem video? >:(

edit: ok, ok, i can share fame time:)
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

601 Tandem Passengers x 175 lbs Average Weight per Passenger = 105,175 lbs of Cargo.

Congratulations, you have achieved Boeing 737 status (avg).!

...and pocketed over $18,000! :)
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

As you'll hear us say (snottily) at the DZ when students ask us how much we make: "I'm going to earn in the upper four figures this year." ;)

I know four tandem haulers who make more than $100,000/year here in Florida.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

What?!

Where do I sign up?

And I've been going to school for 20 years in order to set myself up to make HALF of that.:S
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

That's only 2 tandems a year if you're jumping a duffel bag from south of the boarder...>:(:P:D

I wonder what the TIs at the really HUGE DZs make a year busting their as 7 days a week? DZs like Eloy and such.

I've often thought about chunking it all and moving to a DZ like that, but then reality sets in and I wonder about raising kids in that sort of evironment and lifestyle.

That's only 2 tandems a year if you're jumping a duffel bag from south of the boarder...>:(:P:D

I wonder what the TIs at the really HUGE DZs make a year busting their as 7 days a week? DZs like Eloy and such.

I've often thought about chunking it all and moving to a DZ like that, but then reality sets in and I wonder about raising kids in that sort of evironment and lifestyle.

Overheard a conversation last summer at a large FL DZ. Guy says he averages 12/day (as many as 32, as few as 7), year round. Owns his own rig (actually, he owns three and rents the others out), pays $10 for a packer. Take off 30 days for weather ...well, do the math.

You're working for the wrong supplier then, i make that in one jump!!:)
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Well hopefully I will make it out sometime soon... My boss keeps me very busy all over the planet - you know that Bill Booth character:P The thing with tandems is to never stop learning and improving your flying skills... your student is only going to benefit from your approach to learning more and more!

As for making money in the tandem industry - lets put it this way I took a very big pay cut to work here at RWS - priorities change and money is not the only motivating factor in my life! You are young, so taking a year off to play is never a bad thing...B|

Keep up the good work mate!

"Start doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you're doing the impossible!"