slj678

Sabre replacement slider

Hi all, I bought a sabre 190 for my first rig and need to replace the slider on it. I have done some decent reading on the subject and want to know the benefits/downfalls of getting either a larger slider or a pocket slider. Also, PD says I need the exact measurements of the slider I have now, but the guy cut a hole in it because the openings were hard so I won't be using those measurements. Anybody have measurements of sliders that worked good for them?
"I didn't know they gave out rings at the holocaust"

He cut a hole in the slider because it opened to hard???????:D

I would talk to a local rigger to find the measurements your looking for. I had a Sabre 190 as my first canopy also. I had my rigger sew a pocket on the slider and the openings were perfect. Defiantly wouldnt go the hole in the slider route!

BASE 1384

Even if he cut a hole in it, you should still be able to measure the outer edge/seam. Just don't include the hole.

There is also a formula for checking to see if your slider is the right size - I think you measure the width of the center cell, and the distance between the A & B line attachments, and that should give you a ball park figure about how big the slider should be.

But don't quote me on that. ;)

T.I.N.S.

I know I CAN measure it, but what I'm saying is that he got smacked a bunch so I DON'T want the same slider. Haha and yeah he cut a hole in it :o
But anyways, I am just trying to find out the measurements of the replacement sliders that have worked

Look into a "Pocket" sewn on the slider. I had a Sabre 170 that was pron to hard openings many years ago and that fixed the problem ASAP. The canopy opened awesome after that.

So a search for "Pocket Slider" and you will find a bunch of posts and many of them geared towards a Sabre. It is less expensive then a new slider if your rigger is handy and aware of it, it is not so common now. Also can save some $ if the slider you have on the new to you 190 is in good shape it might be a great option..

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Well the problem is that there is a hole with a crappy patch over it right now, and the corners are fraying. I have searched pocket sliders but either way I am going to have to buy a new one, just need to know if I need to get a regular size so my rigger can make me a pocket like your talking about, or just to get the oversize one

you could call pd and ask them, or find another sabre 190 and measure theirs, but when i had the same problem (torn slider on a sabre 190), i asked the loft at skydive chicago to order me one. they said they could just make me one. so they did, and it worked fine.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

If you don't mind spending $150, get the H-mod done on it. It will improve your openings and probably add resale value. Much more cosmetic pleasing than a pocket slider.
You can contact MEL at Skyworks Rigging and explain your problem.
Safe skies
Ronaldo
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

Hi all, I bought a sabre 190 for my first rig and need to replace the slider on it. I have done some decent reading on the subject and want to know the benefits/downfalls of getting either a larger slider or a pocket slider.

I can't think of any disadvantages!
FYI: http://www.pcprg.com/hardop.htm
Having a local rigger make you a slider might work better.