Teigen

Ordering Kurupee

Im getting a new (and my first) suit for this season, and im getting one from Kurupee. Now i only have a few questions before placing my order..

1. How is the tight fit in comparison with the medium one? i really don't like stuff that is baggy, is it REALLY tight or is it a good fit?

2. Supplex or Cotton?
3. High or Regular collar?
4. Elastic or Velcro for leg cuffs?

I will do mostly FF and video. I'm 5,7 and 145bls

Does anyone have photos of themselves in Kurupee suits?

Thanks in advance
www.trondteigen.com

Hey,

Sounds like you need a fast suit. Oddly, I was in your shoes about 2 years ago. I ordered Kurupee in a "tight" config, and I'm 5'8" and 125 lbs.

If you can get supplex...go for it, but as far as I know, Kurupee only uses cotton...and they double layered my arms and legs...that means SLOWWWWW...

I got the high collar, works well. Maybe warm in the summer, but you can leave it undone.

I got velcro...Elastic may slide up, unless they put stirrups.

I no longer use the suit because it's too slow. I do occasionally use it if I'm doing a jump and want to, or need to go slow. It's actually my "baggy" suit, even though it's supposed to be tight. I can get sub 80 MPH tracks with this "tight" suit, and sub 100 on my belly. Sit...like 125, 130.

Great suit, just not for me...
"When once you have tasted flight..."

1. I have a medium fit kurupee that is a little baggy in legs and arms but fits relatively snug in the body

2. I have the cotton which is a lot of drag (i need it) but it is hot as hell in the summer (nice in the winter). My next suit will be the supplex tho

3.I recommend the regular collar the high collar is uncomfortable in my opinion

4. Velcro is the only way i would go for cuffs, both wear out but velcro is easier to replace in my opinion

I'm 5'7" and 175 lbs. so the medium drag is pretty good and the cotton has lasted a long time and through many biff landings...but the lighter suit would be really nice for the warm months (reinforce the knees and butt)

Thats my opinion. Hope it helps you out some

I got a Kurupee suit just over a year ago. Had the fast fit, single layer supplex, spandex in the crotch and the back. I've made a few mods over time, but it's held up really well (many many hours of tunnel time plus a couple hundred jumps and seams still holding up, spandex in good shape. It is my understanding that they've changed the design to a (more expensive) lined version, with option for zipper flap for tunnel use.

My Kurupee suit is my favorite, they got the fit spot on, which a popular other manufacturer could not do even after 3 returns for adjustment. It also has a lot of flexibility for a tight suit, which I like.

I see little point in dropping a huge sum on a jumpsuit. Personally, I change style preference before tearing my stuff completely up, so making it totally bombproof is overkill unless your landings really suck.

Supplex is a nylon fiber that wears better than cotton after a lot of wind exposure. Collar is personal preference, also leg cuffs. Mine are velcro, but I like either.

Remember, you can always take in the drag on the arms and legs, but there's no making them bigger.
Why don't you just play 'chicken' on the railroad tracks? It would be a cheaper way to toy with death, I'm sure.

CWR #2 - "You SAID collision!"

Regarding freefly suits, as that is what I have the most experience with:

The suit will affect your flying, but mostly in terms of how the drag changes your speed (if your flying is static and you fly at one speed - otherwise it doesn't matter so much until you try to fly extremes of fast and slow).

Paying 2-5x more does not mean you will get 2-5x better suit. There is no suit that will make you magically able to fly well.
Why don't you just play 'chicken' on the railroad tracks? It would be a cheaper way to toy with death, I'm sure.

CWR #2 - "You SAID collision!"

Thanks for giving good answers!! I've also talked to Simon "Bones" because im kinda keen on the skeleton suit. I have no doubt now that Kurupee is the way to go!!
:)

And one day there will be an entire army of skeleton skydivers. We'll be an unstoppable force invading every dropzone worldwide raping, pillaging, and plundering!
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Thanks for giving good answers!! I've also talked to Simon "Bones" because im kinda keen on the skeleton suit. I have no doubt now that Kurupee is the way to go!!
:)

And one day there will be an entire army of skeleton skydivers. We'll be an unstoppable force invading every dropzone worldwide raping, pillaging, and plundering!

Just out of curiosity, how can a skeleton rape??

There isn't any bone there.:D
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Update:

Did all the measurements today and contacted Kurupee asking if they were taking orders. Also said i had heard both good and band about their customer service recently. Less than an hour later Ed had e-mailed me and was very helpful! My order is now placed and they were even willing to speed up the process so that the suit is here by season start!

Wouldnt hesitate using kurupee again some other time if the service is the same!

Thats another skeleton brother from another skeleton mother!