charly

GOLF BALL HANDLES?????????

Be warned that you might have seen a CRW-dogs Rig or it might not have been a golf ball. CRW-dogs tend to put funky shit on their handles (GI-Joe's, Baby Shoes, stuffed animals) because they're not worried about the wind blowing it around in free-fall since there isn't any. Next, just because you saw it, doesn't mean it's a good idea. Something heavy for the handle could cause PC hesitation. What you thought was a golf ball might have been hollowed out to make it light enough.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

What I have seen is whiffle golf balls with cord threaded through the holes. But I have also seen these things break at cold temps. I know I guy that has had a pill bottle on his for years.

But, as stated above, pay attention to weight as well as durability. Sticking with what is supplied as original equipment is probably best. Go old school and use orange tubing.

I looked for that damn stuff for years. Never did figure out the source. Of course that was pre internet.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Hi Terry,

use orange tubing. . . . I looked for that damn stuff for years. Never did figure out the source. Of course that was pre internet.

Like you, I could never find the stuff.

I remember Sandy Reid wanting to make the 'orange handle' an industry standard. Easy to say when you know where to get it. B|

JerryBaumchen

PS) I've always used small diameter plastic plumbing pieces; works great.

Sigma tandem rig

Yes, and I have had UPT make different color golf balls into handles for the Sigma/Micro Sigma rigs. The last instructor who had me get some made wanted black golf ball handles...UPT wanted three from the same package...one was tested to destruction. Apparently it passed the test and they made two handles from the other two black golf balls.

Mike
ChutingStar.com