jerolim

Rigger Courses in Europe

You should check regulations for riggers in the country where you want to work. Riggers working in the USA need a USA rating; some European countries accept USA ratings, some do not. Choose a course that leads to the rating you want.

Whatever course you choose, you will have expenses: cost of the course, time (vacation days or lost wages), travel, hotel, meals. When you add everything together, the USA may be closer than you think. Dave DeWolf's course is very intense, but affordable. The course at US Academy of Parachute Rigging (usapr.com) is in Arizona, which has special attraction at this time of year. (Disclaimer: I work for USAPR.)

I like Guido's rigger courses (parastore.de). Shorter courses, more focussed. Possible to do in several sessions instead of one long session. If I were looking for a course in Europe, I would go there.

Mark

On 1/31/2020 at 1:39 PM, mike_sketo said:

so finally , where did you go ? i m lookin for a course in europe too . the german parastore.de doesnt exist anymore 

any recommendations ?

Be aware that if you want a U.S. FAA rigger certificate you will have to come to the US. There are no Designated Parachute Rigger Examiners outside the US and that's the only way to get a FAA certificate. Training can be anywhere from N FAA rigger.

On 1/31/2020 at 7:39 PM, mike_sketo said:

so finally , where did you go ? i m lookin for a course in europe too . the german parastore.de doesnt exist anymore 

any recommendations ?

Went to Hans (Fallschirmdepot Ostermünchner GmbH). Great guy.

Ended up with German and Croatian Master riggers licence (not FAA stuff).

Edited by jerolim
  • Like 1