kelel01

Are you camera shy?

You know, I have maybe 2 pics of myself and 2 minutes of video. (There are many more of both out there, but I don't have any of them.) I'm extremely camera shy, and when I actually do pose for pics, I never even look at them.

Anyone else have this problem? Someday I'm gonna be 80, and there'll be no proof that I was ever in my 20's . . . other than basic science, of course. :P And I'll have no memories, because I'll be all old. :D I already don't remember anything. Sheenster303 is always having to remind me of the occurrences in my life. :D

This sucks. :D

And I'll have no memories, because I'll be all old. I already don't remember anything. Sheenster303 is always having to remind me of the occurrences in my life.

This sucks.

If you really feel bad about it, I'm sure we could all arrange a photo/video shoot for you.... ;)
Remster

pics dont bother me. Years ago me and a friend used to like cameoing other peoples pics. You spot people lining up to take a group photo and casually walk behind and pop up into the pic, then keep walking. Its fun. It was usually in a bar or some place like that. Years later they will look at the pic and wonder who taht guy is in back row.

I'm with you on this too, Kel! :ph34r:

I hate having my picture taken and I hate even more when someone posts my picture! I love taking pictures of everyone else though.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I usually like seeing myself in skydiving videos (unless I'm in the process of screwing up), but not so much in stills. With extremely rare exceptions, stills catch me looking even worse than normal. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

That's my other thing. I don't own a camera, and when I buy a disposable, I never use it anyway. Someday everyone I know will just be a faint memory, while I sit in my wheelchair eating baby applesauce, watching the Price is Right (still starring Bob Barker). :D

I hate having my picture taken. I am definitely in the same boat as you.
I am NOT photogenic at all (either that or I am just not quite as devastatingly handsome as I think I am cause pictures of me always look like shit ;)) so I avoid cameras whenever possible.

In my 36 years on this rock, I have seen less than 5 pictures of me that I actually liked.

Remster - I have no idea what an anganir is. I'll look it up. :D

Thanatos - you know, I feel the same way. When I posted that self-esteem thread, it was because I had seen a pic of myself (or 5 :D), and they looked nothing like what I see in the mirror. Maybe everyone should just look at me in a mirror. None of this real life shit. I'll just hang myself on a wall and give advice to princesses and shit. :D

Remster - I have no idea what an anganir is. I'll look it up.

sigh...

Engineer, as spoken by someone dumb enough to be one... ;)

But seriously.. I can help you and Andrea if you want! Some sort of pictorial like the 2 Georgia gals did recently... :)
Remster

BION...I'm pretty camera shy too!!:S Never have liked my crooked smile...and I don't know 'what to do' when the camera is on me.

I'm kind of over it, to an extent, but I still freeze when someone wants a pic of me.

[waits for some smart ass to bring up my "metro" thread...]yeah, yeah - I know...I know:P:D:D:D:D:D:D

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic