jumpwally

Annoying Profile Info

Yep, I am so anonymous, I don't think I even really know who I am...

Pssst........buddy, take it to PMs. I will not be sucked into another hijack:)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

this is an internet chat board, no more no less.

That's the way I see it. There seem to be a number of people here who, for reasons I can only guess, seem to have identified with this place so intensly, it seems a large part of their personal self-worth. Hey, to each, his or her own I guess.

Jen

Well, Jen, maybe you need to come out of your shell. This is a small community type sport, and this "place", as you call it, has given me the opportunity to meet, seek out, jump with, party with, ect. many, MANY more skydivers then I EVER would have been able to by just stopping at a few local DZ's.
It's not the place embedded into our self worth, it's what the place has done. Maybe after you are around for a few years instead of a few days (actively posting) you will come to know the difference. Then again, maybe you won't be posting. Also, maybe you won't be jumping either. Let us know when you hit either 300 jumps or 3 years in the sport, if you do, ok?

Wow, 7000 posts to finally get to say something wise.... I gotta go get a beer....:D
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Who are you and what have you done with Rev?!>:(

:ph34r:See you at Rantoul, slacker!

Got my beer, and I'm back to normal now, you kinky list keepin' Messican. ;)

p.s. Rantoul is back in the land of the "uh oh's" again for me. :S
It's your life, live it!

this is an internet chat board, no more no less. who gives a fuck about whom is whom. If you are here for any purpose other than entertainment then you may want to reconsider what you are doing here.

I beg to differ. Some of the most experienced skydivers, gear designers, innovators, riggers, DZOs, industry leaders and safety experts hang out on this site. I hope they continue to provide much more than entertainment value, as they have. If their collective input saves one person from doing something stupid that may have killed him/her then then it's all worth my while, and your point becomes moot - in my mind at least.

With more than 1.5 million posts it's not so much about what's actually available here, it's about what you come to find here.

As for entertainment... you can get some of that here as well. ;)
Safe swoops
Sangiro

That's the way I see it. There seem to be a number of people here who, for reasons I can only guess, seem to have identified with this place so intensly, it seems a large part of their personal self-worth. Hey, to each, his or her own I guess.

Jen
--------------------------------------------------------------
Well, Jen, maybe you need to come out of your shell. This is a small community type sport, and this "place", as you call it, has given me the opportunity to meet, seek out, jump with, party with, ect. many, MANY more skydivers then I EVER would have been able to by just stopping at a few local DZ's.

Rev, jen has a good point. Some people around here DO take the posts too seriously. The people that get so upset and paranoid then announce they're leaving the boards come to mind. Of course 2 days later they're posting again, but by then they've lost all respect and credibility.

I've met tons of awesome people because of dzcom, and i'm thankful. But the people that are obsessed and can't live without dzcom....well thats sad.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Yeah so i have a lot of posts. I enjoy talking to the peeps on here. But i dont get paranoid and publicly announce i'm leaving. I also don't have to find a computer when i'm out having fun or at the DZ. I manage to work just fine at my new job without the internet.

Sweety, that's why I cut out the "cant live without" part of your post. It wasn't the pot calling the kettle black, more like brown-ish. ;)

I personally go days now without checking for posts, then skim like mad... Hell, I even made one of those "I'm leaving" posts, and I was serious! :o:S
It's your life, live it!

No worries sweets. I'm a bit high strung this morning. I have an ear infection that has spread to my sinuses so i'm "less than sunshiney" right now. Please forgive me. [:/]

No worries sweets. I'm a bit high strung this morning. I have an ear infection that has spread to my sinuses so i'm "less than sunshiney" right now. Please forgive me. [:/]

As long as you were singing this morning, all is forgiven. ;)
It's your life, live it!

this is an internet chat board, no more no less.

Jen

It's not the place embedded into our self worth, it's what the place has done. Maybe after you are around for a few years instead of a few days (actively posting) you will come to know the difference. Then again, maybe you won't be posting. Also, maybe you won't be jumping either. Let us know when you hit either 300 jumps or 3 years in the sport, if you do, ok?

Wow, 7000 posts to finally get to say something wise.... I gotta go get a beer....:D

Wise? Dude, that was harsh. Pretty much the equivalent of STFU you stupid noob and how dare you say my baby is ugly?

It was nice of you, however unintentionally, to prove her point. ;)

It's an internat chat borad. A damn good one, but just a a chat board. The community is skydiving and skydivers. I use my car to get to the DZ, but don't go ape shit when says it's just a car. I use my phone to talk to other skydivers, but it's just a phone.

It's a mediocre car and a damn good phone, but they are just a means to the end of sharing with other skydivers.

So go easy on beginners (in all things). They are our future, you know.

YMMV,

John

Yo, John, read between the lines. I was inviting MORE POSTING. Also, I was questioning the judgmental attitude of a person that really is new. Amazing how those attitudes change over time.

Oh, and the time in sport? Check the figures. It's not a slam, it's the (bitter) truth.
It's your life, live it!

I'm sorry....love ya......(my cell phone is broken.)

I guess that just means you now owe me two beers.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey