tdog

Riggers: Mirage Sizing from personal experience

http://www.miragesys.com/sizing-guide/

The PD Optimum 143 is listed as "EXTREMELY tight, requires skilled rigging" or "soft" on every option.

I looked thru my log and found only one Mirage I packed with a Opt143. It was one of the ones marked "EXTREMELY tight, requires skilled rigging" - and I seemed to pack it fine.... So I must be skilled - Mirage says so!:P

The rig in question will be getting a KA120(ish) main as the smallest canopy... So the sizing options are:

MT (143 marked extremely tight)
MO (143 marked extremely tight)
MOS (143 marked extremely tight)
M1 (143 marked "soft")

Any real world feedback on those containers with a PD 143 OPT?

Thanks

The rig in question will be getting a KA120(ish) main as the smallest canopy... So the sizing options are:

MT (143 marked extremely tight)
MO (143 marked extremely tight)
MOS (143 marked extremely tight)
M1 (143 marked "soft")

Any real world feedback on those containers with a PD 143 OPT?

Thanks

The PD Optimum 143 is slightly on the tight side in the MT, MO and MOS...I've found it fills out the container better than the Optimum 126.

As for the M1, it's pretty loose/soft in there...standard 143 PD reserve fits much better.

I would go with the MT.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

bump..

anyone else seen or heard someone with op143 in MT or M0???

Thinking op143 should pack simliar to pdr 126 or slightly smaller than smart 135.... but Mirage's chart says 143 will fit extremely tight.

I have no AAD so that should give me little bit more room to play with..

thx for the reply.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

MO with op143
I have packed it with and without Vigil AAD.
It is tight, but top flap is still able to "suck in" when bulk is distributed as per mirages instructions.

Spectre 135 snug
Velocity 111 Slightly prego
Velocity 103 Perfect
Xaos 27 98 slightly soft

Had both an MT and a M0S, put OP126 into both and had full (at sea level) pack jobs but could have squeezed a 143 into it no problem. I worked there as final inspector at the time and sized them intentionally for these canopies just so I had to pack a little bit fluffy to fill the container but didn't have to fight the damn thing every time I closed it.

So going by the chart if your at sea level and it says it'll fit it probably will. But how much you have to fight is the question.

If it were me I'd say get the MT or M0 for that pairing the M0 would give you a little forgiveness in the main tray for a "tight" reserve.
Blue SkiesBlack DeathFacebook
www.PLabsInc.com
www.SkydiveDeLand.com
www.FlyteSkool.ws

My post is like 4 years old, reborn tonight...

So here is the update, years later...

I have a M0 with a 143 OPT and a KA120. Jumped it over 1000 times since I posted the question and purchased the rig, and as a rigger packed it a few times and had a reserve ride. Fits nicely. Like it. Want another.

I packed a reserve on a smaller mirage a few weeks ago, that was a repack after I assembled it prior, and I had to shake the **** out of the reserve to get it to fall out of the container packtray when opening it... So I am a believer in not over-stuffing it. I am actually worried about how hard I had to shake it...

what was smaller mirage? and what sized reserve?

i wanna put op 143 in MT. I believe MT and MO both have same sized reserve tray???

and what I don't get is that, op 143 should pack like pdr 126, if not easier to put it in the bag. and they list pdr 126 as a optimal fit and op 143 as a extreme tight fit.

their optimal fit already looks bulky as fuck typically in westcoast, people breaking cypress cutter left and right and if they are tighter fit than that I don't even wanna waste my time on it.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Again if you look at my post a 143 in the MT with a 107 or smaller main would work but be tight. if you try to put a 120 or larger in there, have fun with that and try an extraction test with the main still closed. You might not like the results. i opened a larger javelin the other day. With the rig main and reserve on the ground and only popping the reserve PC I was able to pick up the rig and "bounce" it up and down using only the reserve bridle. I weighed the rig with canopies at 23 pounds... [:/] I'm probably going to ask the customer to find someone else to pack the rig.

Blue SkiesBlack DeathFacebook
www.PLabsInc.com
www.SkydiveDeLand.com
www.FlyteSkool.ws

Not that I remember, but that OP 143 in an MT was a pain in my ass several months ago. Was so glad that it was for someone that lived on the other side of the country.

She moved here 2 weeks ago! B|:D

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message