Vector and Sigma Retrofit

Shlomo,

I called Mike yesterday and got the impression that they were sending out just two sizes; one for Sport rigs and one for Tandem.

Mike only only asked me how many I needed for Sport and how many for Tandem. No other info was asked for.

I guess I need to call them again for some clairity.

BS,
MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

:)
A point to check on all systems with "Collins Lanyard".

***Should be checked on all NEW & used h/c & done on a new cutawy handle set by a rigger in the field.

UPT & SUN PATH Yellow cutaway cables trim charts:

UPT CUTAWAY CABLES TRIM CHART:

RSL V3 SPORT:LEFT 5 1/2" RIGHT (RSL SIDE) 7 1/2"

SIGMA: LEFT 6" RIGHT (RSL SIDE) 8"

NON RSL V3 SPORT: LEFT & RIGHT 6 1/2"

SUN PATH JAVELIN H/C WITH SKYHOOK:

LEFT SIDE 5 1/2" RIGHT SIDE (RSL) 6"

For Sun Path you have + - 1/4" tolerances.

*** All measured from the white loop / center of risers grommet - see Mfg. instructions

*** The Spec. are from UPT & SUN PATH, the spec. might change by the mfg. at any time - be aware of that.

I hope that helps.

Be Safe !!!

Hi Shlomo,

The old engineer in me finds this interesting:

SUN PATH JAVELIN H/C WITH SKYHOOK:

LEFT SIDE 5 1/2" RIGHT SIDE (RSL) 6"

For Sun Path you have + - 1/4" tolerances.

Their tolerances could result in the cables being equal length & being acceptable; i.e., 5 1/2" + 1/4" = 5 3/4" & 6" - 1/4" = 5 3/4"

Strange to me,

JerryBaumchen

Edit to add:

PS) I would make the tolerances: + 1/4" -0", I think most people could hold those dimensions.

It is by the manual & by the spec. sheet sent with any new ordered cutaway handle.

When the spec. are + / - it should be on both sides so the 1/2" difference will be kept for the RSL side to be longer.

Also means you can have the a Max. or a Min. by the numbers but with the 1/2" differnce.

RSL side always longer.

See you at PIA 09.

Cheers !!!

I got my kits of the V3 split loop with 2 different length of the 5/8" hook velcro per RSL lanyard size.

They said it will be changed for doing & sending 1 size fits all & on the short lnayard the extra hook velcro will be trimmed off - see my posts about.

If it already done - good news.

See you at PIA 09.

Cheers

it does apply to micron/v-3 m series. I called UPT and they said it's not needed on the sport rigs. If we truly want it then we can get the mod but our reserves are light enough and the bottom corners of the reserve container are pocketed, further making a left side cable release unlikely. Like I said, if you really, really want it then get it but the dude on the phone at UPT said he's not even putting it on his sport rigs. And besides if we're deploying our main at expert cypres fire altitude then we have bigger problems on our hands.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.

As the "dude on the phone" I think I should clarify this a little bit. On the smaller rigs, the reserve is a lot less likely to come out because of the pocketed corners. If you have a "sport rig" with a 281 reserve, this is not the case. I jump a 304 and a 306, and on these, the reserve is not likely to come out in a main deployment just before the Cypres fires scenario, plus I am under canopy at around 3,000 on every jump and I do not believe I would deploy my main if I found myself below 1,000 ft.
Because of this, I have chosen not to install the mod on my containers.

edited to add

But on the larger containers, Student Rigs, and Sigmas, it is highly recomended.

Mark Klingelhoefer

it does apply to micron/v-3 m series. I called UPT and they said it's not needed on the sport rigs. If we truly want it then we can get the mod but our reserves are light enough and the bottom corners of the reserve container are pocketed, further making a left side cable release unlikely. Like I said, if you really, really want it then get it but the dude on the phone at UPT said he's not even putting it on his sport rigs. And besides if we're deploying our main at expert cypres fire altitude then we have bigger problems on our hands.

that is exactly what I meant. Thanks for clarifying it for me man. I have friends who are getting it for the "what if" reasons but after talking to you and Mike I'll keep what I have. But like you said who the hell is gonna fire their main below 1K. Thanks dude.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.