mailin

"You're one of those irresponsible skydiver types"

My husband and I spend our entire checks every week - we have little debt, our bills are all paid and we have all the things we desire. We also have no savings, and we're ok with that. We know its not smart, but neither is much of the other things we do in life. When I graduate next week and start working full time that'll change. Maybe we'll actually start saving up for that $250,000 starter home or something :S

Almost anything I do in my life could cause my death. Skydiving could obviously be a big contributor to my death. But thats a personal responsability that my husband and I have agreed to take. I scrapbook with friends alot and last weekend one of the woman called me selfish. I took offense and told her so. I'm supposed to live my life the way other people envision it for me? I'm suppose to get married (did that, albeit too young at 24), buy a house with a pretty white picket fence, have a profitable career, have lots of kids and participate in PTA? Nah, how
about living my life the way other people wish they would live theirs?

We've actually put off buying a house or even thinking about kids as a result actually. We've decided there are too many things we enjoy doing (being 'totally irresponsible' - as many people call me, its just one of those 'things') to let big purchases such as a house, or even bigger responsibility such as children stop that. We were talking this morning over breakfast about this very thing. A nice couple was sitting across from us that had an adorable 2 year old. Shawn looked at me, then his watch. "Hey, its 9:30 AM, I woke up about 10 minutes ago. We couldn't do that if we had a kid." Thats how we know we're not ready. So until then, I'm going to be as 'totally irresponsible' as possible, and anyone who says I shouldn't can kiss my ass >:(

Ya, we're not doing things the 'way you're supposed to' (whatever that is) - but ya know what? We like it that way - people who think otherwise should stick your nose in the business of someone who would care about what your lame ass opinion is.

ok, that felt good, back to studying.

Jen
Arianna Frances

We couldn't do that if we had a kid." Thats how we know we're not ready. So until then, I'm going to be as 'totally irresponsible' as possible, and anyone who says I shouldn't can kiss my ass

From my POV no one is ever "ready" for children. I don't know how old you are but nobody can make those decisions for you.

My kids are the most important people in the world to me and their love is unlike any other I've ever felt. I hope you get the chance to experience that some day. And your lady freind was just jealous of your lifestyle.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

From my POV no one is ever "ready" for children.

He is right-there will never be a perfect time, or enough money, but if it is something that you want, than you just make it happen. I am sure you know what I am talking about, because you probably have done that in the past. I know if I want something bad enough, I'll make it happen one way or another. I was not "ready" for my daughter, but I would not trade her for anything in the world. She has taught me so much and I fell so lucky to have her in my life.

If you and your husband want children than you shouldn't let anything stop you. If you really don't want them, than thats ok too. Your life is what you make it and I am sure you will be happy with what ever route you choose to take.

Hey, do it while you can. When you want to buy a house, you will. When you want to have kids, you will (that or you'll just find out you're pregnant one fine day, it happens...). Nobody's ever "ready" for a kid, but can still want one. They're important too and will make you complete in a lot of ways, but there's no rush. Have fun now for a lifetime of memories and don't sweat any of it.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I used to be the same way, Jen. I lived the "irresponsible life" until a couple of years ago. Then I got more irresponsible with work, life, etc. by finding the right gal, moving, starting a family, etc.

I now am living the "responsible life." I didn't plan it, but it happened.

Are you really "irresponsible?" It sounds like you are living up to your responsibilities to me. If you had a kid you never saw or didn't make mortgage payments, etc., then you would be. But, as it is, you are living up to them right now.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Got you beat: all we have are plants... and we need to throw them away every few months after we kill them. [:/]

:ph34r:

Yup, same with me and Andy! We've recently killed our mint and chili pepper plants. :D

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

You're being responsible - you're paying your bills...you know that eventually you want to buy a house, etc. Quite frankly, it's your life and your husband's life. As long as you two are happy with the way you're living your life, screw others thoughts on how your life should be lived. When/if you decide to have kids - great. If you don't - great.

Glad you told that chick off. B| How she chooses to live her life (obviously jealous of you and your husband's lives) is her choice - just like how you (and your husband) choose to live your life is your choice.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

So until then, I'm going to be as 'totally irresponsible' as possible, and anyone who says I shouldn't can kiss my ass [Mad]

You Go Girl B| You and your husband sound like a Good match. That's what's important. :)
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

Naaa... its probably because those plants have a low resistance to toxic gases relased when using a blow torch....

Hehe...I dunno about that. Andy and I release FAR more toxic gases than any little ol' blow torch! :o :ph34r:

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

Everyone has the right to live their life the way they wantB|.It is no bodies business to question that as long as you are both happy, stuff em!
We go through life looking for what makes us happy :)their life perfect.

Me i have a wife, 2 kids,dog and goldfish but still skydive people who say i am crazy, thats just their opinion so what. At least you are getting enjoyment out off your paychecks and are doing something constructive;). Be an individual,be youself and remember smile while you say "screw you"

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

The way I look at it is, sure I COULD be killed skydiving but I also could be killed not skydiving.

What if one saturday instead of going skydiving (I know thats hard to believe, but try) I stay home, then I go outside and step off the kerb and get hit by a bus. Now skydiving would have saved my life.
It doesn't matter how safely you live your life, you WILL die, so just make sure you do live your life.

They are talking about control.

Some people are losers. They have no happiness and they are not a value added to other peoples lives. If you enjoy life and only hang with happy people, they will be excluded. That is their fear.

Their biggest fear is that their SO will discover that happiness exists and dump their sorry ass.

Here is what I hear all the time.
- Get a regular job.
- Date one of their friends who is just as boring as them. However, then, they tell that girl what changes need to be made in my life and they control me.
- Quit skydiving. Some people hate golf, but do it to escape from the house and their life. I love my life.

"What are you going to do today, Napolean?"

"Whatever I feel like doing, gosh!"

Hey, it's your life. Don't let anyone force you into being boring. We have a house and kids, so that makes some people "happy" but we still skydive and shoot guns and have fun and we're totally in love, and that still drives some folks batshit. If you behaved like everyone else thought was proper, I wouldn't even want to talk to you. You'd put me to sleep. :P

Well,
I have 3 kids and started jumping after my 1st 2 daughters came along.
My oldest daughter will be jumping May 14th and my next daughter will be going through AFF & beyond, the following Summer.:)
(3yr old son will be going in the Tunnel in 2 years)
I get "Irresponsible" look all the time. I tell folks "Life is for the LIVING", then ask what they are doing with their life;)

i still am wondering wtf "scrapbooking" is

it's when you make a scrapbook fo r smething... like maybe it's a skydiving acrap book, and each bage is a boogie, maybe a wristband is included along withpictures, maybe even the bill to the hospital after one has fallen of a gold cart while drunk and gets a cuncusuion... lots of thigs go in a scrap book... think of it as a photo alum with personality!!!

"You're one of those irresponsible skydiver types"

Yup, you are one of those. Damn girl, I can't get you to do anything besides skydive:ph34r:

Having my boys old enough, allows me to leave and travel. They take care of the house, and I don't have to pay them anything.

My responsibilities are almost done. In a few years I'll be selling the house and moving into my travel trailer:)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey