testenso

AAD's for Student rigs

I've used both. I prefer the Expert model, since the only think I want the AAD to do is deploy the reserve if they don't pull at all. However, in the US at least there are legal considerations. (i.e. "Why did you put a safety device designed for an expert on the deceased, when he only had 2 jumps? Why didn't you use the safer Student model?")

What does your DZ use Student mode or Expert mode on your Student Rigs?

My DZ's is looking to replace out of date AAD's I am not looking for insight as to brand. I am trying to understand which mode DZ's choose and why.

Thanks.

If you go with a Vigil 2 you can change the mode between Student, Expert or Tandem, so if you have a rig down for repairs, you can take the AAD and put into any of your Student, Tandem, or rental equipment.

My DZ's is looking to replace out of date AAD's I am not looking for insight as to brand. I am trying to understand which mode DZ's choose and why.

Thanks.

If you go with a Vigil 2 you can change the mode between Student, Expert or Tandem, so if you have a rig down for repairs, you can take the AAD and put into any of your Student, Tandem, or rental equipment.

I think the mods should remove this post as it is a blatant sales pitch and deliberately off topic.

Thanks.

So what is the difference between student mode and expert mode? Is it like the difference between the 2 types of Cypress? OP said he didn't care about brand, wouldn't this answer the question better? (and I'm curious)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Hi Andrew,

I think the mods should remove this post as it is a blatant sales pitch

I thought the same thing, at first.

But that would be saying that someone working for some company cannot have an opinion. >:(

And no one complains when Bill Booth posts on here. B|

JerryBaumchen

True, but the OP specifically mentioned he wasn't looking for brand recs. The truth is Klingeme didn't even bother to answer the guy's question. he could have at least disguised his sales pitch by telling the guy which mode
which are conveniently available on the same model of Vigil 2 he would recommend.