Cari

What happens when the season ends?

I don't have a ton of money to go jump as much as I would like, and don't think I will be able to finish AFF by the end of the season. I guess I have to go at least once every 30 days to not have to start over. How does that work if the season ends before I can afford to finish? Is there some kind of refresher or something? or am I destined to have to start over?

Still a lot of nice weather left. Why do you think you won't finish?

If that is the case, and you really have to start over completely; consider springing for a ticket and go to warmer climes to finish. It might be cheaper in the long run than starting from scratch. If some of the staff that has been training you heads south for the winter, follow them (to their winter DZ).

I got licensed the last day of the season in WI; then made 3 or 4 trips to Z-Hills that winter to get some airtime, and benefited from some coached jumps with some of the same people that trained me. It was very worth it, and nice to have the continuity of some that knew me as a student.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

If you have employee's and your repair shop can keep making those big bucks while your away, you can take a trip or two to Florida, I highly advise you visit the good folks @ www.skydivecity.com if you have a fav instructor you can bring your own there as well as student gear and save some bread.

Or you can look me up at Skydive City and I can train you independently with my personal student gear.....

Chuck Blue, D-12501
AFF/SL/TM-I, PRO, S&TA

why did you pick east troy?
I want to start my training also, I was going to go to Hinckley...But I live in Lake Geneva
Have you done the class room yet?

My parents had friends who were skydivers and they said that that's where everyone from our area (Mundelein, IL) went, so that's where I went. Plus the staff are really nice, and my classroom, coincidentally, was done one on one so that was really cool. Also, I don't know what they have at Hinckley, but on week days East Troy runs a cessna, and on the weekends they run a PAC, I haven't had a run in the PAC, due to me jumping on weekdays only, but I hear it's really nice and fast.

I would say that it depends on the DZ. It took me a little over a year to get my A license.. sometimes going as much as 2.5 months in between jumps/yes the long the time in btween, the longer it takes to "knock the dust off". I kept an constant relationship going even though I might not be jumping on a given weekend, i would be @the DZ practicing packing or getting other helpfull info on the sport. So the AFF instructors/DZ operator knew me well, and allowed me to go up even after the 2.5 months with just a quick ground school refresher course(no charge) to ensure that I wasnt going to forget everthing that I had learned in the previous months. Learning in Lodi, CA the weather was pretty cooperative all year round(come on out.. lots of places here in nor cali ! ) Wind tunnels are an excellent way to keep your brain in the game/but expensive!! good luck! blue skies
If flying is piloting a plane.. then swimming is driving a boat. I know why birds sing.. I skydive.