Cari

What happens when the season ends?

I don't have a ton of money to go jump as much as I would like, and don't think I will be able to finish AFF by the end of the season. I guess I have to go at least once every 30 days to not have to start over. How does that work if the season ends before I can afford to finish? Is there some kind of refresher or something? or am I destined to have to start over?

Go to Mexico with Doug & the rest of the CSC skybums....:P Or freeze your ass off in Chi-town and take the refresher in spring, most dz's offer a free one on safety day and redo your last LV (generally) and if you do good carry on from there.

Mexico is sounding good bout now.;)

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

It may not be the same at every drop zone, but there were a couple of aff students at my drop zone who completed a few jumps in 2007 and then came back to finish this year ... they did a first jump course refresher and then repeated their last aff jump before continuing on.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

I can't really move because I own a truck reapir shopand a truck parts store business in Spring Grove, IL.
I did my first jump in Hickley, IL 2 weeks ago and about 20 min later I had to do it again. I wish I would have done this in June instead of Aug.... I would like to start for my license. I am concerned that I may have to wait because winter is around the corner....
Another question I had is, should I do static line first?

If you have employee's and your repair shop can keep making those big bucks while your away, you can take a trip or two to Florida, I highly advise you visit the good folks @ www.skydivecity.com if you have a fav instructor you can bring your own there as well as student gear and save some bread.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

There are dropzones within driving distance for both of you that keep jumping all winter, though students are generally only allowed to jump when the weather is nicest at those types of DZs.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

The CSC requirement for currency is that you must do a jump 30 days to stay current. If you do go uncurrent, the solution is not necesarily to bump you all the way back to level one. What they'll ask of you is really specific to you, and how far you get in the program. It may be as simple as a (usually free) refresher course in the spring followed by repeating your last jump.

However, currency is more than just a bureaucratic requirement of the DZ. Especially as a student, maintaining currency and doing as many jumps as you can in a short time frame will make learning to skydive a much simpler and safer process. Long breaks really do hinder learning.

It's still possible for you to get all the way (or most of the way) through your student jumps. I'd encourage you to do as many jumps as is practical over the next two months and see how far you can get.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Sorry if this isn't exactly on topic, but i couldn't resist; ;)

What happens when the season ends?

The rich travel south or to exotic locations. The normal stay and wait (and drink beer?). And the hard ones keeps jumping through winter!

The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...