grue

What is the name and location of the single best pizza place you've ever been to?

This isn't the best thread to be reading when you're hungry....

I was just finshing my lunch when I read this, but makes me want to go to Chicago - they have lots of good food.:)
j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

ooh ya, forgot about Pinnochios! I don't get out to Harvard like I used to... They're really good too - Regina still beats it though. :P

You'll have to let me know next time you're out here, I'm always looking for a reason to go to Regina's! ;):D

Jen
Arianna Frances

Oh that's easy...

Fricano's Pizza in Michigan.

Was just there last weekend and ate a pie and a half to myself and brought 6 pies back with me on the plane - on ice. Mmmm...good!

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

The best pizza places are usually the ones run by Italians across the northeast... I can't remember the name of the one in Little Italy in NYC, but it was freaking awesome...

On the local scene in Birmingham, AL, Davenport's in Mountain Brook has been a popular mainstay for more than 30 years. I also like Mellow Mushroom in the 5 Points area, although theirs tend to be on the cheesy and chunky side... Davenport's is the best one. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

YAY!!! I will be eating there in T-minus 4 hours. So great!!!

Oh, I have a second one...

Star Pizza in Houston.

Steve

It's already been said a few times, but, Pizzeria Regina in the North End of Boston is by far my favorite. I drive into the North End a few times each year just to eat there!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

hmmm there have been alot... pizza is a really tough thing to be the 'best' at there are soooo many variations and subtleties...

there was one in Medford OR that was really good, but i cant recall the name (was a VERY drunken month)

and there is always Vinny Van GoGo's in Savannah GA... but if i'm there its gonna have to be a calzone...then a few drinks at the Bar Bar ;)

YAY!!! I will be eating there in T-minus 4 hours. So great!!!

Oh, I have a second one...

Star Pizza in Houston.

Steve

yum!!! i'll put a mark by star pizza as my favorite deep dish. so now i have two:
filippi's in san diego. i don't know the address but i'm pretty sure it was on india street or somewhere in little italy.
both places roooock!!!:)
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

On the local scene in Birmingham, AL, Davenport's in Mountain Brook B|

forgot about Davenport's was taken there by the same girl who i stayed with in OR... its very good pizza for AL but it doesnt cut it nationally...

On the local scene in Birmingham, AL, Davenport's in Mountain Brook B|

forgot about Davenport's was taken there by the same girl who i stayed with in OR... its very good pizza for AL but it doesnt cut it nationally...

I agree... I have been in pizzerias in small towns in NJ, NY and CT that were way better than what we have here, but yes, Davenport's is the best we have for our area...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

There are two places on my list for best pizza and one is in Reno called Pirates Pizza. Its a Greek pizza place and probably the best I have eaten. The other is in Redwood City (California)called Pipes and Pizza. I don't know if it still there or not.

B|
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Got to agree with you there, Billy. Davenports is the place in Bham. Have you tried Petrucelli's on 280? It's pretty decent as well. Also Salvatore's made damn great pizza (not the white table cloth restaurant in Vestavia) the little hole in the wall place on 280. It's a shame he closed it down.

I vote for NYC's Lombardi's on Spring St in Little Italy. I believe it's the oldest (or one of the oldest) in New York and it's great.

BINGO!!! That's the one I ate at, but couldn't remember the name of! Great stuff...

Angelo's Pizza in Sterling, IL. Haven't had it in a few years but I crave it every time I think of pizza. Gonna have to make a trip sometime soon. It was a real dive when I was a kid, but it's gotten much nicer since they opened a new shop.
Blue Skies,
Adam
I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . . — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry