14000andfalling

RW suit Colour change

Hi all.

I have a RW skinny suit that has Red grab handles.
My DZ won't let me jump it as they are concerned about confusion between the cutaway handle and the grab handles due to the colour.
Can anyone recommend a good way of changing the colour of the handles? I've tried the strongest over-the-counter clothing dye and it just doesn't work.
I'm thinking about using a LOT of Permanent marker, or maybe model paint or something?

Any suggestions?

Thanks, JJ

it's a bit odd they won't let you jump it, as long as it's not the same colour as the body on your suit then it shouldn't be a problem!, if you are jumping your own rig then have you considered getting a rigger to change the cutaway pad? that maybe cheaper if the suit is expensive.
If in doubt, whip it out...

The suit is red at the front, but once the rig is on you can't really see much of it.
It's not an expensive suit, so i've got no problem changing it.
I'm still on student rigs at the moment so I can't really think about getting the cutaway handle changed until I (eventually) get my own rig.

thanks though!

I'm still on student rigs at the moment so I can't really think about getting the cutaway handle changed until I (eventually) get my own rig.

Why not jump the dz's student suits until then? Seems like that would be much less of a pain in the ass to do than trying to dye the suit is going to be.

Fabric paint available at Hobby Lobby.

Black Sharpie's are available at 7-11 ;)

+1

If you are in a hurry, just put diagonal black stripes on them with the Sharpie (about 1" wide each).
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

Yep. That works. I had one of my suits changed by a rigger like that. I also had another suit sent back to Bev who redid the grippers for me with some other alterations I wanted. Great work and turn around time.
~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity