mnealtx

New and Improved DZ.com Weightloss challenge, Week 2!

THAT'S AWESOME FOR YOU!!!! CONGRATS!!!! Me,......

ZERO!!!! sigh... no gain, no loss.... don't know why though..... I guess I just have to change a few things and see if I get an improvement next week...

CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Right there with you babe. I can't really work off the pounds too hard because of the hip but I'm eating better and feeling better. Making more changes this week to cut down inches.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

It may be "no loss", but it's "no gain", too!! Y'all can do it - I have faith in ya!! B|

I just went back to the basics... plenty of water during the day, no sugars, no starches/bread/breaded stuff, plenty of salad/veggies, and portion control....

So far, so good... let's see if I can keep it going!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Ok, I quit. :D

5 weeks of waking up at the crack of dawn and running sprints and miles, doing ungodly numebrs of push-ups, sit ups, rowboats, squats and lunges, eating better, no alcohol, doing additional aerobics classes during the week, and I'm down 4 pounds. :D

This seems to be a lot of work with little reward. I'm still doing another session of boot camp starting on Monday, but I'm not going to look at it as a way to lose weight. Otherwise, I'll have to do boot camps through the end of 2006 to get to my goal . . . and I want to drink every once in a while! :D

Ok, I quit. :D

5 weeks of waking up at the crack of dawn and running sprints and miles, doing ungodly numebrs of push-ups, sit ups, rowboats, squats and lunges, eating better, no alcohol, doing additional aerobics classes during the week, and I'm down 4 pounds. :D

This seems to be a lot of work with little reward. I'm still doing another session of boot camp starting on Monday, but I'm not going to look at it as a way to lose weight. Otherwise, I'll have to do boot camps through the end of 2006 to get to my goal . . . and I want to drink every once in a while! :D

Wow!! 5 weeks!! Muscle weighs more than fat, sounds like you lost fat and gained a good bit of muscle!

I bet the clothes you were wearing before the boot camp are looser on you now....
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Kelly... you are going to have one rockhard body!! Screw the "weight"... you are obviously turning yourself into a powerhouse! Good for you! :)
Congrats, Mike!! You are doing great! Keep it up! B|

Okay..... I'm checking in at...... :| no change. BUT.... I've been working out pretty hard and eating right. I feel a difference for sure... mostly in the way my clothes fit and my energy levels. A couple more weeks like this and I think it's really going to pay off. :)

Kelly... you are going to have one rockhard body!! Screw the "weight"... you are obviously turning yourself into a powerhouse! Good for you! :)
Congrats, Mike!! You are doing great! Keep it up! B|

Okay..... I'm checking in at...... :| no change. BUT.... I've been working out pretty hard and eating right. I feel a difference for sure... mostly in the way my clothes fit and my energy levels. A couple more weeks like this and I think it's really going to pay off. :)

Sounds like you're doing great, too - great job!

Hey, that's the most important part, right? - feeling better and being more healthy, whether you actually lose any poundage or not.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

it says 246...although wasn't dieting this week...I'm starting sunday. I got tons of things happening all at once with job prospects and now the academy. it's gonna be a fun summer. on top of getting married that is.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

My numbers:

Current: 191.5
Gain: +0.5 :(

My clothes are tight, and I feel like I've gained 5lbs, though. Argh...I hate that time of the month and water retention. [:/]

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

it says 246...although wasn't dieting this week...I'm starting sunday. I got tons of things happening all at once with job prospects and now the academy. it's gonna be a fun summer. on top of getting married that is.

No loss-no gain... you can do it!!
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

My numbers:

Current: 191.5
Gain: +0.5 :(

My clothes are tight, and I feel like I've gained 5lbs, though. Argh...I hate that time of the month and water retention. [:/]

_Pm

Only a temporary setback... keep up the fight!
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

My clothes are fitting a little better, but I'm most excited about my physical improvements. We had a PT test on the first and last days of boot camp, and I did much better the second time around!

The only thing I was a little disappointed in is that I only shaved 1 minute off my mile . . . I was going for 2. [:/]

Guess I have a goal for this next round as well! B|

My clothes are fitting a little better, but I'm most excited about my physical improvements. We had a PT test on the first and last days of boot camp, and I did much better the second time around!

The only thing I was a little disappointed in is that I only shaved 1 minute off my mile . . . I was going for 2. [:/]

Guess I have a goal for this next round as well! B|

In 5 weeks? Damn, that's great!

Heck, I'd be *THRILLED* to even be able to run a mile, anymore.... :P
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

+2 lbs. I like it. Can' measure bf% since I am not near my home gym for the month. But I like the way this is feeling and I like the motivation that I have.

it's gonna be a good month.B|

Good deal!! I was tracking you by what you said about body fat change... let me know when you can and I'll update you!
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Can I join the challenge?

Personal Stats:

Age 54 - elevation 6' - Occupation business executive (a.k.a. babysitter) - Locale Florida

Rationale: Restarted Jumping 3/15/05 - 9 so far
Bought a Spectre 210 at a silent auction for an injured JM. Refuse to jump less than 1:1. Besides . . . y'al know the rest.

Started at 201 (B.A.N.) in April
Now- 189.5 (B.A.N.)
Goal - 175

Tips that work for me:

Learn to love diet soda - It's an aquired taste but if you've got the habit (mom put Mountain Dew in my baby bottle) it's a must. Thank god for the new fountain flavors (Cherry Vanilla Doctor Pepper.)

Develop a strategy for business lunches - order the most expensive dish on the menu (if they really wanted to impress me they should have bought me a Z1 instead of dinner) - eat two bites of each course, don't forget desert - when the server asks the first person at the table if they can remove the plate say "take mine too please", put your elbows on the table, stare into everyones eyes meaningfully and say "OK let's get down to business".

Treat yourself at milestones. Every 5 lbs. we go to a nice restaurant for a celebration dinner. Margaret loves it, I love it, and Chef Henry loves it, Dianna the Hungarian server loves it, and since the portions are bigger than my shrunken capacity now is, Mickey the Dog loves it.

Use logic - I drop (insert your weight here) pounds every time I jump - I can do this drop one pound a week thing. It helps me to remember what I looked like in my last video in a jump suit.

Enjoy the moment - when your co-workers ask "You look thinner - are you ill?" Say YES and walk away looking sad. That also works for turning down the office complaints. P.S. No one at work knows I skydive.

DON"T CARRY DOLLAR BILLS or CHANGE. It's hard to get snared by the candy machine if you don't have the right money.

Do all the regular stuff on an as needed basis, ie. walk yes ride no, stairs yes elevator no, sex yes sleep no, etc.

An the most effective thing - SCUBA Dive. Getting into and out of a wetsuit burns more calories than anything else I've found.

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

Ok...so I was bad and didn't check until today...but I am -1 for the week...Not too bad...B|...but then again...I'm getting closer to my ultimate goal and have never felt better...;)...

Have a great weekend everyone...!!!!

I'm such a loser...:D...At losing weight that is...:P...

~R+R:)...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

Ok...so I was bad and didn't check until today...but I am -1 for the week...Not too bad...B|...but then again...I'm getting closer to my ultimate goal and have never felt better...;)...

Have a great weekend everyone...!!!!

I'm such a loser...:D...At losing weight that is...:P...

~R+R:)...

Great job!!
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706