Bigwallmaster

Anyone ever heard of RSV virus?

I have been really sick for the past 3 weeks with pneumonia type symptoms. This has been somewhat upsetting for me because I am an otherwise very healthy 29 yr. old. My doctors recently diagnosed me with RSV-Respiratory Syntical Virus. I know this particular virus is very common in infants and children under the age of 6. Apparently it's not totally uncommon for adults to get it as well.

Regardless, I am pretty concerned about it at this point and was wondering if anyone out there has been through this.

. . . .Somebody please make a skydive for me in my absence!! [:/]

Cheers,

J.P.

My son had it. He sucked it up and drove on. I'd say don't worry about it too much. Odds are you've lived through it before...

Exactly what ordeals did an infant/toddler have to suck it up and press thru while under the effects of RSV? The LSAT? MCAT? :P

My father had that...and he actually recovered from that particular infection...

We had a good time harassing him about having a bab y disease...

He was 64, a lung cancer survivor, a lifetime smoker, and in poor health at the time he was diagnosed, and he recovered....

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

It is not uncommon in adults, it is just not normally tested for in adults. It usually manifests itself as a cold in adults. The reason they test infants for RSV, is that they sometimes have respiratory distress, secondary to RSV, and have to be admitted.
Anyway, it is a virus, rest, increase fluids, and take a decongestant.....you will get better soon.:)
"Life is not measured by your number of breaths, but by the moments that take your breath away."