martlet

Where to buy used gear?

As a new jumper, looking for used gear has been a rough road for me. I look here and on ebay. I've found a few that might work, but by the time I hear back from my rigger and email them, the gear is gone. I don't know enough to feel comfortable making a decision alone.

I've been looking for months. Are there any shops that specialize in used gear I should be looking at? I'd think I'd feel more comfortable about buying without speaking to my rigger then. Particularly if they'd take it back if it didn't fit me. I've made that offer with other sellers, even offering to cover shipping both ways if it didn't work, but no takers. I understand that it's probably difficult dealing with someone who knows nothing.

The major gear shops can typically help you out. Bonnie with Gravity Gear comes to mind first, followed by (in no particular order) Sunshine Factory and Square 1 (2 &3 &6 &12). All of those shops get a decent amount of gear through their doors. They're also used to talking to a new jumper.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Call Ralph, he has the largest inventory of used gear. No one else even comes close.

How does one call Ralph?

I'd read this thread first

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3375531;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Username 'Likestojump' has the biggest and most updated turnover of used gear I have seen anywhere on the planet.

I bought one used container with him (V3). The rig matched exactly the description he gave me and it was fast delivered. Good service, no complaints.
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

HEy mate, Will do.

What I was trying to say is that likestojump might not have the biggest inventory but he has a constant turn over of inventory. Alot of gear sotres have the same thing week in and week out. He has new stuff coming in on what seems to be a daily basis.

Over a period of a month you would surely find exactly what you are looking for.

Anyway, just my plug for him ;)

.Karnage Krew Gear Store