havensiangst

Superfast wingsuits and canopy opening

hi, im thinking about buying a new Vampire V3...i hear rumor that this suit can fly as fast as 200mp/h(horisontal), true/false i don`t know..but let`s say 180mp/h to be on the "true" side of the story..a very impressed speed, on that speed i would be a little bit worry about hard canopy opening...can the canopy open so fast that it will explode:o????
edit to add: i posted it here because this more like a canopy question rather a wingsuit question..

Um if you have no clue how to slow down a wingsuit what are you wanting a V3 for? Sounds to me you're either trolling or are in need of a FJC and a beginner suit.

well, i may take a fjc...but im not buying a beginner suit, i already have one(phoenix-fly Track suit), i guess how to learn how to slow down forward speed on a fjc...but my question was more like..."what happen when you pull at that speed(180-200mph)??"

You don't.

Going from a track suit (which isn't even a wingsuit) to a V3? Not smart. It's not safe and you will also be hampered by it in your prograssion. Would you buy a Katana straight after a student canopy? You're way better off learning to fly something like a sabre (GTi) or sabre 2 (Phantom) first. Otherwise you'll just be the guy with the big suit that is flying HIM, and flying solo at that. I'd be surprised if your wingsuit instructor will let you even fly a V3 with anything less than a good amount (~100) jumps on an intermediate suit.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

no im not flying a katana, i have an old spectre, the only canopy i owned and i don`t bother buying a new one...
you say it`s not smart, i disagree..when im getting used to this V3 i think the next step would be easier to let`s say V4 or something new superfast suit..if i buy a intermediate suit..the road would be much longer

but im not buying a beginner suit, i already have one(phoenix-fly Track suit),

That's not a beginner wingsuit, it's a tracking suit. Hence the name.

you say it`s not smart, i disagree..when im getting used to this V3 i think the next step would be easier to let`s say V4 or something new superfast suit..if i buy a intermediate suit..the road would be much longer

The reverse is true. Buy something like a Phantom2, you will learn to be a better flier much more quickly. Once you're kicking the shit out of the Phantom, then think about a Vampire.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

hi, im thinking about buying a new Vampire V3...i hear rumor that this suit can fly as fast as 200mp/h(horisontal), true/false i don`t know..but let`s say 180mp/h to be on the "true" side of the story..a very impressed speed,

False, false and false. You will not see those speeds in any conventional WS. Wishfull thinking. Remember Gravity is your engine, speed is your friend ( not just in wingsuits but anything with wings).

You would have to dive straight down to really see those speeds and you don't currently deploy head straight down do you? 45 degree pitch down? I guess not. You will be fine as long as the other trolls don't eat you.

hi, im thinking about buying a new Vampire V3...i hear rumor that this suit can fly as fast as 200mp/h(horisontal), true/false i don`t know..but let`s say 180mp/h to be on the "true" side of the story..a very impressed speed,

False, false and false. You will not see those speeds in any conventional WS. Wishfull thinking. Remember Gravity is your engine, speed is your friend ( not just in wingsuits but anything with wings).

You would have to dive straight down to really see those speeds and you don't currently deploy head straight down do you? 45 degree pitch down? I guess not. You will be fine as long as the other trolls don't eat you.

thank you, that`s a answer im looking for:)
troll here troll`s there...what`s up with all those troll? i don`t get it...

False, false and false. You will not see those speeds in any conventional WS.

Absolutely true, even in a V2. While not in a flat horizontal sustained speed, but diving to a formation when your last out, which is not at laa straight down, a desent speed of 214mph is possible, and I have it recorded on my Nuptune. Can you deploy a parachute at this speed? Yes, but is it wise? Hell no, just like it not wise to go from a tracking suit to a V3.
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

i hear rumor that this suit can fly as fast as 200mp/h(horisontal)

Don't worry it would not happen with you for long....:P

..a very impressed speed, on that speed i would be a little bit worry about hard canopy opening...can the canopy open so fast that it will explode????

What speed? Than jump hop and pops and CReW.

Flying a wing suite is not just another skydive but it does not require any special canopy or way of packing.
You should jump any canopy you are confident with....

200 kph = 124 mph. Still pretty darned fast but a lot more reasonable, maybe that's what you heard.

OTOH I've flown my V-2 at mach 1.7, it melted the leading edges of my wings off my arms putting me head down. Flying the leg wing alone I managed to pull out of the dive at mach 2.3 but had to unbutton my shirt to get enough drag to slow down enough (450 mph) to deploy my main. Naturally it was destroyed on opening but my reserve held together and I stood up the landing after a .3 second ride. The whole thing's on video which I sold to NBC but they're not going to air it until Jeb lands.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............